DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to update with home wifi

NDWildBill

Reactions
For some reason, I can't do any firmware updates to my MA2 using my home wifi. I've tried using the DJI assistant 2 app and I've tried to connect directly using my Ipad mini5 connected to the RC. It times out even checking for updates. If I set my phone up as a wifi hotspot and use that with my mini 5 I am able to check for updates, and do the updates if needed. Of course that is slower than molasses in January, but gets the job done. I talked to DJI and there suggestion was well, if that works... Any wifi gurus out there that could maybe tell me what I could do to get it to work the way it is supposed to. I get my internet connection through a cable modem with Sparklight if that makes any difference. Speed check with Sparklight shows 595 Mbs download and 31 Mbs upload speeds. Everything else that I try to do on the home wifi seems to work just fine.

Should matter which drone you are flying. Updates are done on the fly app. I have never used the assistant.

If the mini5 won't download the updates, it sounds to me like it isn't actually connected to your home wifi. Can you do anything else, internet related, on the mini5?

Reactions: tlswift58
Sounds like you have the wrong password save in your browser. Re type your correct password I again

Should matter which drone you are flying. Updates are done on the fly app. I have never used the assistant.

If the mini5 won't download the updates, it sounds to me like it isn't actually connected to your home wifi. Can you do anything else, internet related, on the mini5?
I can do enything else internet related that I want to do with the mini and my home wifi. The only trouble I have is with updating DJI firmware.

Go directly to the DJI website (downloads) and try downloading it from there. Us Android people have to do that or maybe you don't have an update.

Go directly to the DJI website (downloads) and try downloading it from there. Us Android people have to do that or maybe you don't have an update.
Able to update the fly app just fine from the apple store. It's updating drone and rc firmware that I'm having trouble with.

This is interesting to me as I have Sparklight and I have the same issues. I can update via DJI assistant on my pc using my home internet connection, but trying to update, check firmware, or download firmware via the fly app, I get server connection errors. I have the same ISP at home and at my shop and have issues in both places. If I connect via cellular, it will work just fine. It's the same on my smart controller. I have to use my phones hotspot while I'm NOT connected to my home or shop internet. Maybe Sparklight is the issue?

Reactions: NDWildBill
This is interesting to me as I have Sparklight and I have the same issues. I can update via DJI assistant on my pc using my home internet connection, but trying to update, check firmware, or download firmware via the fly app, I get server connection errors. I have the same ISP at home and at my shop and have issues in both places. If I connect via cellular, it will work just fine. It's the same on my smart controller. I have to use my phones hotspot while I'm NOT connected to my home or shop internet. Maybe Sparklight is the issue?
Are you using VPN with that? That may cause an issue. No idea on Sparklight otherwise.

I'm not using a VPN at either of my locations.

I have Sparklight as well and I'm having the same issue. I can only update using my phone hotspot. Has anybody figured out a fix for this yet?

For some reason, I can't do any firmware updates to my MA2 using my home wifi. I've tried using the DJI assistant 2 app and I've tried to connect directly using my Ipad mini5 connected to the RC. It times out even checking for updates. If I set my phone up as a wifi hotspot and use that with my mini 5 I am able to check for updates, and do the updates if needed. Of course that is slower than molasses in January, but gets the job done. I talked to DJI and there suggestion was well, if that works... Any wifi gurus out there that could maybe tell me what I could do to get it to work the way it is supposed to. I get my internet connection through a cable modem with Sparklight if that makes any difference. Speed check with Sparklight shows 595 Mbs download and 31 Mbs upload speeds. Everything else that I try to do on the home wifi seems to work just fine.
Did you ever figure out a fix for this?

I have yet to figure out a real fix, aside from using the phone hotspot. On a side note, I also have issues accessing the DJI unlock website on my work PC, but at home, it works 99% of the time. I have Sparklight in both places and they're about 3 miles apart in a relatively small town. I also can't use my PC at work to run firmware updates using DJI assistant, but I can at home. I have no major firewalls or filters at work either (I'm the business owner and set my network up myself).

• Wow
Reactions: tlswift58
I have yet to figure out a real fix, aside from using the phone hotspot. On a side note, I also have issues accessing the DJI unlock website on my work PC, but at home, it works 99% of the time. I have Sparklight in both places and they're about 3 miles apart in a relatively small town. I also can't use my PC at work to run firmware updates using DJI assistant, but I can at home. I have no major firewalls or filters at work either (I'm the business owner and set my network up myself).
If everyone is having issues with "Sparklight," then they may have some kind of filter in place that slows / restricts DJI. Some ISP's do prevent some sites from doing things on their network to reduce / restrict SPAM / Malware / etc. My ISP was blocking some of my stock info newsletter emails, which was totally weird. It only stopped one, but let others from same address into my email folder. Had to have the company (newsletter) company fix it several times since they would blank me out on their website as emails got kicked back for a reason nobody knows. Seems to be fixed now as no issues in like a month.

Best make a call to their Customer Service and have them research it.

Reactions: NDWildBill
Recent join/new member, I am having same issue with Sparklight- spent 2 hrs with tech tonight, end result is "wow, thats odd, I dont know what to tell you". I can access unlock zone page with a 3rd party VPN, or my hotspot, but not the soplution I wanted. Was a fix ever found?

A simple thing to try is to change your router's DNS server from the DHCP Sparklight default to 8.8.8.8, one of the Google owned name servers.

Just ran across this thread searching for a solution apparently no one has found yet. I'm also a Sparklight user in SE Texas. Same problems as everyone else. No joy using my home network, but phone hotspot works everytime. Has anyone tried the DNS settings as mentioned in eeridani post above?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas