DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unauthorized Fly Zone, Toronto Canada Area

Torflyer

Reactions
I got a response from DJI regarding my query regarding entering a no-fly zone area (Toronto) after downloading the latest firmware update .5
Here it is
Hank.Su (DJI Support)
4月27日 CST20:42

Dear Jeff,

Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience caused.

We got the latest news from the technical team, that states the fly safe database issue ( TFR: Downsview Airport ) is solved.

Kindly refer to the following steps and try it again.

1. Please kindly log out and in your DJI account in the DJI App.

2. Update the DJI app, fly safe database version, the firmware of the drone and remote controller to the latest version.

3. Ensure the mobile device has a good internet connection and GPS satellites connected reaches more than 10.

If still cannot fly. Could you please kindly advise the information below for further assistance:
1) Flight Controller's serial number. (It can be found in App’s About page after connected to your aircraft )
2) Flight location longitude, latitude. Please send me the information in the format of longitude: 1.123456; latitude: 1.123456. (Please use the Google Map to confirm the coordinates)
3) Your DJI Account email
4) A screenshot of the APP's ABOUT page. please go to DJI App > General Settings > About.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

We would like to remind you that during the period of outbreak prevention and control, please avoid visiting areas where the disease is prevalent, and also avoid crowds. Please wear a mask when going out, and keep your hands sanitized by washing and disinfecting them frequently. We will defeat this disease!

Best regards,
Hank.Su
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Same here.

Dear Brad,

Thank you for your understanding and support.

We got the latest news from the technical team, that states the flysafe database issue is solved.

Kindly refer to the following steps and try it again.

1. Please kindly log out and in your DJI account in the DJI App.

2. Update the DJI app, fly safe database version, the firmware of the drone and remote controller to the latest version.

3. Ensure the mobile device has a good internet connection and GPS satellites connected reaches more than 10.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help.

Best regards,
Hank.Su
DJI Technical Support
YouTube: DJI Tutorials

Same here. I was dealing with a different contact oerson but it's the same e-mail form letter. I tested it and it works fine now.

Reactions: 201
Same here. I was dealing with a different contact oerson but it's the same e-mail form letter. I tested it and it works fine now.
I am a bit reluctant to log out of my DJI account and reload everything again. Did you have to do this or was the fly area database automatically updated when you tested it.

I am a bit reluctant to log out of my DJI account and reload everything again. Did you have to do this or was the fly area database automatically updated when you tested it.

Just checked this out myself. No need to delete and reload everything. The fly area database is automatically updated. No erroneous alert messages anymore.

I was wondering why I was getting restricted fly zone for Downsview here in Waterloo Region. I'm new to this, so if I just log out of the app and back in will that solve it or do I have to update everything all over again?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78