I haven't seen any unboxing videos for this new combo so I thought I'd do a quick and dirty one-shot take - see the video below. I think this is a really interesting combo in the US especially for a few reasons:
- Because the Integra goggles are so much cheaper than any other goggles, I could use the money I saved to buy ND filters and other goodies.
- Love not having that stupid battery cable coming out of my head. That said, I do have a 3D printed part to hold the battery on the back of the older goggles, it's just that I shouldn't have to buy an after market product to fix a design flaw.
- I'm okay without the touch pad, live feed, and diopter nobs on the goggles
- I won't need to use my mobile phone to launch the Avata
- Not a lot of people have tried the Motion Controller 2 yet. Having the extra control via the thumb nob to go up/down and left/right, plus using the trigger to go backwards - seems like it opens new creative possibilities that aren't possible with the previous generation.