DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unfold sound of right arm

MrRobville

Reactions
Hi, not sure if this is supposed to sound normal. When I unfold the Air, the front right arm (left from the camera when viewing the front) makes a bit of a crusty sound when being either folded or unfolded. The left arm on the other hand sounds pretty much silent as well as the two at the back.
Nothing feels broken or anything though, and I kind of like the sound to be honest, but I cannot help but wonder if my drone is the only one making that sound or if anyone else has it too.

Fyi, this sound is present since unboxing it and I haven't had any hard landing with it.

Hi, not sure if this is supposed to sound normal. When I unfold the Air, the front right arm (left from the camera when viewing the front) makes a bit of a crusty sound when being either folded or unfolded. The left arm on the other hand sounds pretty much silent as well as the two at the back.
Nothing feels broken or anything though, and I kind of like the sound to be honest, but I cannot help but wonder if my drone is the only one making that sound or if anyone else has it too.

Fyi, this sound is present since unboxing it and I haven't had any hard landing with it.
The rear arms should be opened first followed by the front. Be sure to reverse this process when re-folding. That should solve your problem

Order doesn't make a difference with my MA. It still makes that noise on occasion. I've never investigated the sound as it doesn't appear something is binding. I also have a Mavic Pro where one arm has made that noise since day one when I bought it. I checked it out and now over a year later with dozens upon dozens of flights and folding/unfolding, there is no issues with it, no play nor has it gotten louder or worse...

BTW, the Mavic Air manual (Version 1.2) makes NO mention regarding order of folding the arms only that the landing gear be folded first. So what you state is PURELY YOUR OPINION...

The rear arms should be opened first followed by the front. Be sure to reverse this process when re-folding. That should solve your problem

Order doesn't make a difference with my MA. It still makes that noise on occasion. I've never investigated the sound as it doesn't appear something is binding. I also have a Mavic Pro where one arm has made that noise since day one when I bought it. I checked it out and now over a year later with dozens upon dozens of flights and folding/unfolding, there is no issues with it, no play nor has it gotten louder or worse...

BTW, the Mavic Air manual (Version 1.2) makes NO mention regarding order of folding the arms only that the landing gear be folded first. So what you state is PURELY YOUR OPINION...

That may be, however, I've seen the folding order mention in numerous YouTube videos and thought it may have some merit. Whenever I reversed the recommended order I got resistance in the props. Continue to do what you think is best.

Thanks for the replies. I scratched my nail softly on the cable braid that runs from the arm into the drone and it seems to make the same sound, so I guess it is coming from that. Glad to hear that it's something common.

Thanks for the replies. I scratched my nail softly on the cable braid that runs from the arm into the drone and it seems to make the same sound, so I guess it is coming from that. Glad to hear that it's something common.

Just got a new mavic air and it does the same thing. Must just be the braiding rubbing on the casing. Strange that I've had three Airs before and none of them made the sound, but seems like it's nothing to worry about.

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman