DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unfortunate Accident With My Mavic Air 1 - Need Some Answers Please

Ron Fisher

Reactions
Hi everyone! First I would like to say how much I enjoy this forum and how much I appreciate the experience and advice of all the members who participate in it.

Today I thought I would take advantage of the beautiful weather we were experiencing here in Toronto and drive up to the club where I regularly fly my Magic Air 1. I have been flying the drone for 21 months and to date I have amassed 207 flights without incident. I was basically trying to draw my battery level down to the recommended 60% level when, much to my surprise and horror, the drone plummeted to the ground and crashed on the grass from an altitude of approximately 50m. It incurred extensive damage that I think it is irreparable. I do have DJI Refresh + which expires on December 30th.

I launched the drone using the automatic take-off feature in precise mode without problems. The screen showed that it was locked into 17 satellites. At 5:33 minutes I hit the RTH button and it went into return mode without issue.

I intend to upload the log files to this forum for analysis but, based on the following information, is this necessary? These are the notifications I got on the screen:

Flight Time 00:07 - Height: 2.8m
"Home Point Recorded. RTH Altitude: 75m"

Flight Time 5:33 - Height: 54 m
"Aircraft is returning to the Home Point. Minimum RTH Altitude is 75m. You can reset the RTH Altitude in Remote Controller Settings after cancelling RTH."

Flight Time 5:57 - Height: -9.2m
"Gyroscope data error, Contact DJI Support."
" IMU vertical speed error. Please check that the IMU is mounted properly."
" Satellite Positioning Off. Fly with caution."
" IMU altitude error. Please check that the IMU is mounted properly."
" Camera Settings Adjusted."

Flight Time 6:04 - Height: -33.5m
"Weak GPS signal. Positional accuracy may be compromised. Please fly with caution."

Flight Time 6:07 - Height: -33.5m
" Aircraft close to Home Point. “go home” shifts to “landing”."

I have several questions that I would really appreciate answers for:

This is the URL I have for the analysis guide:
Mavic Flight Log Retrieval and Analysis Guide

1. Is there a flight log retrieval guide that is unique to the Mavic Air V1?

2. Do I need to access, via cable connection, any data for the analysis that is stored in the drone through my desktop computer, or is all the information stored in the DJ! GO4 app?

3. Has anybody on this forum who lives in Canada used DJI Refresh and is there anything in the Refresh process that is specific to Canada?

4. How long does the replacement process take once it has been initiated?

5. Because the Mavic Air 1 is no longer produced, is it possible to pay extra for the replacement and get a Mavic Air 2 instead of the Mavic Air 1?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Happy flying!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Bop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member