DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unique MA2 / SC Issue.......

DronePhotosNZ

Reactions
Greeting from New Zealand,
As it's summer here, harvest is underway, and yesterday I was capturing some footage of a header ( combine harvester to those of you in the Northern Hemisphere ) operating on a friends farm. I was having a great time perfecting my transitions from following to beside to going in reverse in front of it etc.....
HOWEVER !
After about 3 or 4 batteries of use, I decided to do some still images
Flicked from video to still mode and NOTHING !
Screen showed all the normal buttons and symbols for shooting stills but the picture was totally black
Was shooting in Auto so played with EV etc, no change
Went to manual exposure, still the same ? ? ?
Couldn't see anything but a black screen
Clicked back into video mode and that worked fine so carried on shooting video for another 3 or 4 batteries
Got home, downloaded footage and turned on drone where all appeared normal again
Now before some of you suggest overheating, the actual air temperature was only about 10 degrees C with a fair bit of wind chill ( it was early evening )
Any other ideas ?
Stu

As it's summer here, harvest is underway, and yesterday I was capturing some footage of a header ( combine harvester to those of you in the Northern Hemisphere ) operating on a friends farm. I was having a great time perfecting my transitions from following to beside to going in reverse in front of it etc.....
HOWEVER !
Screen showed all the normal buttons and symbols for shooting stills but the picture was totally black
Clicked back into video mode and that worked fine so carried on shooting video for another 3 or 4 batteries
Got home, downloaded footage and turned on drone where all appeared normal again
Now before some of you suggest overheating, the actual air temperature was only about 10 degrees C with a fair bit of wind chill ( it was early evening )
Any other ideas ?
Stu
First would be to refresh firmware in asst. 2.

HOWEVER !
Any other ideas ?
Stu
Did you stop the video recording before you changed to still mode?

Hi, thanks for the advice, will try that in the next few days.
I do recall the Fly More app stopped working later on and had to be restarted.......

To be honest, I'm not sure, will try that tomorrow and see if it triggers the issue again
Thanks

I experimented with this today and the controller wouldn't change to stills mode if the video was still recording
There was no response when pushing the right ( stills ) button even after pressing multiple times
But good idea to try that :)

Upon turning on the smart controller when back home after droning this afternoon, the popup told me an update was available so updated to version V01.00.0880 now so will see if that helps
'Apparently' this firmware update ' fixes crashing issues and improves app stability '
I guess we'll see :cool:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre