Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Uniworld River Cruise Through Europe

Hummingbird.UAV

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Climb aboard the River Duchess and travel through Europe from Amsterdam to Sighisoara, Romania, birthplace of Vlad Dracula. Scan the QR code at each stop to load a 360° Google Maps Image.
It's a long video but there is only about 2 minutes from each stop. Shot primarily with a Mavic Air and helped a few times by a Spark.

Did you have to get any prior permission to fly over the ship or take off from the deck? I'm on the SS Beatrice in a few weeks time

Did you have to get any prior permission to fly over the ship or take off from the deck? I'm on the SS Beatrice in a few weeks time
I initially emailed Uniworld's office in California for permission with no response. On boarding the Duchess I talked to the captain and he had no issue of me flying off the ship. The Captain was quite enthusiastic as no one had ever before flew a drone from his ship. He is beside me in Vienna waving. I mostly only flew in port. Lift off and landing on a moving ship has its own difficulties. I usually hand launched my Mavic Air as lift off from the deck usually resulted in compass errors caused by the metal deck. Some of the passengers did not like my drone so I mostly flew right after breakfast. The day tours are tough to fly on. Tours are always moving along and you will be left behind. Hope you have a great tour, my wife and I sure did. We've booked another tour for September.

Thanks for the info! I did a Travel Marvel one from Amsterdam to Budapest two years ago. Doing Budapest to Bucharest on Uniworld towards end of August. See how I go with the Captain when I get onboard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78