DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlimited (infinite) time-lapse setting. Plugging in directly to the unit or through the wireless adapter?

BingErr

Reactions
So here's an example of my attempt at an infinite time-lapse while the unit is plugged into the wall.

So here's the problem. If I use the wireless adapter and then plug the power into that, the Pocket's battery will slowly be depleted until it finally dies. It's like the unit is using more power than it's absorbing and this particular time-lapse lasted about 6 hours until the unit shut off.

So I tested it out last night and disconnected the wireless adapter and just used the main unit and it WORKED! It stayed on for over 24 hours. So... any ideas on how to make this work with the wireless, or would that take an update from DJI to fix this issue? I like using the wireless to set it up, especially if the Osmo Pocket isn't in a position where I can see the screen. That's WHY I bought the wireless adapter!

Anyone have other thoughts or tips on this problem?

Thanks. Corey B

Reactions: mnis
So here's an example of my attempt at an infinite time-lapse while the unit is plugged into the wall.

So here's the problem. If I use the wireless adapter and then plug the power into that, the Pocket's battery will slowly be depleted until it finally dies. It's like the unit is using more power than it's absorbing and this particular time-lapse lasted about 6 hours until the unit shut off.

So I tested it out last night and disconnected the wireless adapter and just used the main unit and it WORKED! It stayed on for over 24 hours. So... any ideas on how to make this work with the wireless, or would that take an update from DJI to fix this issue? I like using the wireless to set it up, especially if the Osmo Pocket isn't in a position where I can see the screen. That's WHY I bought the wireless adapter!

Anyone have other thoughts or tips on this problem?

Thanks. Corey B
The USB Power Adapter may not provide enough power. Even the original USB cable does not necessarily have to be the best. I have not tested it myself, but there are certainly a few ambiguities.

For example, I saw a YT video where someone needed over 3 hours to fully charge his DOP. However, he used a USB hub, which is likely to cause this unusually long recharge time. Curiously, he made a comparison test with the Go Pro7, which then had the shorter recharge time.

I use a very short USB TypeC cable for my USB Power Adapter, and recharging times have all been around one hour so far. I have not tried anything like this with the wireless module yet.

Maybe a small USB power meter would be very helpful, because at least it shows how much energy goes from A to B, and you have the opportunity to select.

Use a short and direct connection to a USB power adapter that can deliver at least 2 amperes at 5 volts.

Recordings in highest resolution and highest frame rate always need the maximum energy. Not sure, but maybe there are other ways to reduce the energy needs of the DOP.

I only made videos without considering all special functions ...

Last edited:
I've done a 5 hour timelapse with the wifi adapter and no battery loss (was actually going up a tad, like 1% per hour), so definitely possible depending on your USB cable and supply.

I've done a 5 hour timelapse with the wifi adapter and no battery loss (was actually going up a tad, like 1% per hour), so definitely possible depending on your USB cable and supply.
Thanks. I'll need to keep testing then.

I'm in the middle of testing. Seems that once the battery charges to 100 the battery can no longer recharge unless it is replugged. This causes a ton of confusion.

I'm in the middle of testing. Seems that once the battery charges to 100 the battery can no longer recharge unless it is replugged. This causes a ton of confusion.
That does not sound good.

You mean ... If the DOP was fully charged, then discharges the battery completely, despite the existing connection to the charging cable?

It probably makes no difference, but did you test it with or without wireless module?

I had hoped to use a small power bank to extend the runtime until it is completely empty.

It does not work well with the wireless module. 5- 10 hrs. Others report that it works far longer without the wireless module. Go figure?

It does not work well with the wireless module. 5- 10 hrs. Others report that it works far longer without the wireless module. Go figure?
This is what I'm finding... but I hope there is some configuration or power supply that will let it run continuously. Haven't found that yet, but it runs for well over 24 hours when plugging power directly into the unit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll