DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Unlocking License" link missing in General Settings after RID Firmware update

kirkowens

Reactions
Site
kirkowens.com
Hello I'm a new member to this forum searching for some answers. Let me introduce myself. My name is Kirk and am a professional photographer/drone pilot holding a current FAA 107 LIc. I fly a Mavic 2 Pro using a Smart Controller. Yesterday I downloaded the new RID firmware to my Mavic 2 Pro version 01.00.0797, I also installed the latest update on my Smart Controller version 01.01.0072 as well as the latest update for the GO 4 app version 4.3.60 without any issues, so I thought. In the past I've had no issues when unlocking fly zones via the DJI Fly Safe app and installing them on the drone but now after installing these updates the "Unlocking License" link in General Settings on my Smart Controller is no longer there now there is a grayed out dead link that reads "Flight Restrictions" where the "Unlocking License" live link used to be? (see attached pics) FWI: I have chosen to ignore the "Precise Fly Safe Database" update prompt on my controller upon start up for months/yrs in fear of losing more control of my airspace via Geo Fencing. Perhaps this is why the "Unlocking License" link on my Smart Controller is now missing after updating to the new RID firmware? If this is the case I guess I will have to click agree to the "Precise Fly Safe Database" update to fix this issue? I would rather not if possible. Please advise if anyone else is having this same issue(s) thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5573.jpg
    IMG_5573.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5575.jpg
    IMG_5575.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Reactions: GuyAdams
First, welcome to the forum.

But not updating Fly Safe Database if very likely you're problem. And as far as losing control of your airspace, it's unlikely to happen when you update the database. The majority of the times, updates actually loosen airspace in the GEO map. Because the FAA is loosening airspace themselves. It doesn't make sense to not update at this point.

If that doesn't fix it, email DJI at [email protected]

First, welcome to the forum.

But not updating Fly Safe Database if very likely you're problem. And as far as losing control of your airspace, it's unlikely to happen when you update the database. The majority of the times, updates actually loosen airspace in the GEO map. Because the FAA is loosening airspace themselves. It doesn't make sense to not update at this point.

If that doesn't fix it, email DJI at [email protected]
YES updating the Fly Safe Database was the issue after doing the RID update thxs Vic!

Reactions: Vic Moss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13