DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unlocking my Mavic Air

theoaristi53

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I found this link on GitHub where you can upgrade or downgrade the firmware of your drone. My question is will it unlock it so I can fly it in non-flying zones?

Thanks,
Theo.

No. Whilst the GPS comes from the drone, that element comes from Go4.
Also, I wouldn’t risk some random firmware that isn’t direct from DJI. It will invalidate any warranty, or claim against hardware failure.

Reactions: theoaristi53
Also, if your Mavic Air is on the latest firmware (v01.00.0620), you won't be able to roll back or downgrade to older versions as that update incorporated anti-rollback measures. So check your aircraft's firmware version before you do anything.

EDIT: Never mind, why do I keep thinking eveything I read is posted in the Mavic Air section? Stupid me!

EDIT 2: Strike that too; I was right the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if your Mavic Air is on the latest firmware (v01.00.0620), you won't be able to roll back or downgrade to older versions as that update incorporated anti-rollback measures. So check your aircraft's firmware version before you do anything.

Never mind, why do I keep thinking eveything I read is posted in the Mavic Air section? Stupid me!

Your reply is still correct info though, and he was asking about the Air, so it’s relevant ?

Also, I wouldn’t risk some random firmware that isn’t direct from DJI. It will invalidate any warranty, or claim against hardware failure.
Thanks for the answer. I won't use that link then.

Is there any way to disable GPS. I know that you can fly 30 m max in OPTI mode or whatever its called.

will it unlock it so I can fly it in non-flying zones?
For legal reasons, I don't think that this forum is the place where you can get straight answer to that type of question. Within the Assistant 2 software there's an option to downgrade, but it's there for different reasons. I hope you understand.

Reactions: theoaristi53
Is there any way to disable GPS. I know that you can fly 30 m max in OPTI mode or whatever its called.
None that I know of regarding the first; some have suggested covering the top of the drone with aluminium foil may do the trick. Regarding the second, this is what the manual says

1589274111947.png

So, you are not quite correct. You will have to disable VPS in order to achieve a flight altitude of 30m without GPS. Otherwise, you are limited to a max altitude of 5m above ground. Also, without VPS or GPS, you are basically flying in Atti mode and that is a bit challenging to put it modestly. All in all, I don't think this is a terribly good idea. More so because DJI have made it super easy to self unlock geo-zones (unless you live inside of a red zone in which case you should seriously consider moving)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon90