DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unresponsive Gimbal after replacement

Reactions
Hello All, looking for some help in diagnosing and solving a Gimbal issue

Problem? Gimbal unresponsive after replacement. Gimbal powers up during startup, but does not display image on device, unresponsive to tilt commands, and provides "low ambient light" warning. Additionally, gimbal appears to be 'locked on" a specific direction. Gimbal is unresponsive to Gimbal Auto Calibration.

Was unit in a crash? Yes. crashed into tree-branch (obstacle avoided, motor obstructed). Fell from about 42 feet, broke front arm, and gimbal mount as it impacted ground (severed ribbon cables).

What have you tried so far? Replaced Gimbal. Used 32different SD cards. used two different cords between iPhone and tx. restart sequence. uninstalled/reinstalled gimbal, verifying pin connections are correct and free of obstruction. Tried separate batteries. Prayed.

What device are you using?: IPhone X

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? up to date

What Go app version are you using? DJI GO 4 App v4.3.12(4292)

Any modification?
None, all stock

Did you change anything or install any apps? As the result of the crash, I replaced the front right arm (successfully).

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? Not at the moment, sorry.

My guess is a ribbon cable is not seated correctly, and or the input of the cable is damaged from the original gimbal crash incident.

Reactions: Forty_Mike_Mike
My guess is a ribbon cable is not seated correctly, and or the input of the cable is damaged from the original gimbal crash incident.

(4) pin connector connections were intact upon disassembly. Is there a trick to ensuring proper fit? These four connection points seem to 'click' into place.

Attachments

• four pins.jpg
    four pins.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 11
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys