DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unresponsive M2P - 1st and only occurrence

Aussie Oldtimer

Reactions
I've been reading for sometime about ‘flyaways and unresponsive episodes ’ but had never experienced one until last week. I was flying and the drone just stopped responding to any controller input, even RTH.

My heart sank so I disconnected/reconnected the controller from the phone and it recommenced working again.

I was on top of a mountain in the bush and knew that I would have no chance if I lost it.

Luckily it came good.

I'm travelling a lot and just about every time I fly, I have to re-calibrate the compass. I also did it this time and everything went as normal until the unresponsive episode.

Hasn’t happened since or before.

Next time it happens, better bring a machete.

It could just be a loss of signal, but if you were starting off at the top of a mountain, and flying down into a valley, try to make sure you have enough battery if things go wrong, also, make sure your RTH settings are way above your head, or any obstacles.

I've been reading for sometime about ‘flyaways and unresponsive episodes ’ but had never experienced one until last week. I was flying and the drone just stopped responding to any controller input, even RTH.
My heart sank so I disconnected/reconnected the controller from the phone and it recommenced working again.
Have you looked at the recorded flight data to see if that gave any clues as to the cause of the incident?
It's always a good idea to find out what happened so you know if it was serious and can do something to prevent a similar incident in future.
I was on top of a mountain in the bush and knew that I would have no chance if I lost it.
No chance?
Failsafe RTH is usually your last chance.

Next time it happens, better bring a machete.

It could just be a loss of signal, but if you were starting off at the top of a mountain, and flying down into a valley, try to make sure you have enough battery if things go wrong, also, make sure your RTH settings are way above your head, or any obstacles.

the mountain is heavily wooded with trees about 600mm diameter, machete wouldnt help but thanks.
the thing lost signal while above me in a clearing aqbout 400m square, ie nothing to block the signal
i always test RTH before flying
i was on top of the mountain with no obstructions.
just hope it doesnt happen again

Reactions: Former Member
Have you looked at the recorded flight data to see if that gave any clues as to the cause of the incident?
It's always a good idea to find out what happened so you know if it was serious and can do something to prevent a similar incident in future.

No chance?
Failsafe RTH is usually your last chance.

no i havent looked at the flight record but will win future sometime before next flight
no chance of locating it if it dropped in the heavy trees. they are around 30m high, 600mm dia and just over a metre apart. id be flat out walking thru the area let alone finding a done.
i tried the RTH but even that didnt work

i tried the RTH but even that didnt work
If you have lost signal, pushing the RTH button won't do anything.
But if you completely lose signal, RTH should initiate automatically after three seconds.
If RTH starts and you then press the RTH button, that cancels the RTH.
Switching off the controller is one way to initiate RTH without possibly cancelling RTH.
You need to look at what the recorded data shows to find out what happened.

Reactions: RogerMav
I'm very interested to know the outcome of this issue. If you evaluate the log files please let us know the results to see why you experienced that drone behavior.

Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
Regarding your travels and compass calibration, DJI recommends a re-calibration any time you travel a significant distance from the last place you flew (31 miles / 50km) and/or if it has been more than 30 days since your last flight. So that is perfectly normal for the drone to request a re-calibration.

Regarding your other issue, all I can say is that has never happened to me (Smart Controller) but without the flight log it's going to be difficult to find what went wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aussie Oldtimer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto