DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unsupported files notification

kiteboarder

Reactions
When trying to transfer files from micro sd card to my Mac laptop I get a notice saying these files are unsupported. I am using the proper sd card.I never had this problem with my Mavic Pro.

Then you probably shot these in h.265 but your computer hasn't been updated to an OS version that supports it.

You can try an alternative player like vlc.

Then you probably shot these in h.265 but your computer hasn't been updated to an OS version that supports it.

You can try an alternative player like vlc.
I short it in h.264. From what you suggest it’s not a problem with the card or aircraft. Another problem I am having which I don’t know is related to this is that I am getting choppy video which speeds up periodically on active track only. I see this on playback on my IPhone when I view it in the DJI go 4 app. Any ideas? Thanks.

Can you tell what the ending of the file is, I think I have an idea what causes the problem.

I don’t understand what you are asking for. Sorry. If you have an idea of what is causing my problem I would certainly like to know your thoughts on this. Thanks.

I had the same problem importing video-files on mac (.mp4, or .mov or from a AVCHD file). This ocured afte I updated to Sierra. By coincidence, I found a forum where people spoke about the same problem and someone mentioned to delete a certain "old" codec that wasn't needed anymore under Sierra. So I did and see, the problem was solved. I'm trying to find the thread (not in here!) so you can see if this might be the problem in your case too. That is why I asked what files you tried to open. The stupid thing was, i could open the files in VLC without a problem, but then i could not edit it.

Okay, it took me a while (had to work too) to find the thread that solved my problems.

This is the thread. Primarly concnerning AVCHD-containers but as I followed the instruction there, the problem for my other footage was gone too. At least, worth a try.

"AVCHD media (including the .MTS files contained in there) use AC3/A52 encoded audio tracks.
Check if you have an older A52Codec.component installed in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components. Remove it as AC3/A52 codecs are build-in to macOS nowadays. After rebooting, AVCHD import should work fine again.

The third party software Perian installs this incompatible version of an AC3 codec in the components folder, so uninstalling this might have the same effect." (from the link given above)

There is nothing remotely close to AVCHD with any of DJI aircraft. It's basically an obsolete format and a nightmare best forgotten at this point.

There is nothing remotely close to AVCHD with any of DJI aircraft. It's basically an obsolete format and a nightmare best forgotten at this point.

I know, the thing was (at my macbook) that the problem did not only include AVCHD but also the import of MP4, MPG and MOV files. The reason seemed to be that the system "stumbled" over the audiocodec and then simply blocked them all.

Then there probably was an existing conflict with stuff you installed. Macs read all of those just fine out of the box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky