DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Unusual ship dimensions

eckydrone200

Reactions
Thought I'd post a couple of pics of this unusual ship, first time I saw it I thought I was seeing things. It is 86.2 m length and 39.6 m beam. She is used for seismic operations. I made the mistake of not getting a photo of the stern where all the streamers are fed out, however if she is still in at the weekend I will try and get a photo of the stern.

DJI_0013.JPGDJI_0031.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, I guess you could call it a dwarf ship. I first saw it at a smaller pier in the town centre and it looked even more bizarre there, in fact I had to take another run around to check out the beam from the stern. As I say that is the most unusual view and weather permitting plus ship schedule I'll try and get that stern photo.

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of this unusual ship, first time I saw it I thought I was seeing things. It is 86.2 m length and 39.6 m beam
Ramform Vangard is almost conventional when compared to some of the other more extreme Ramform vessels.
Ramform Titan and her sister ships measure 104m x 70m.

Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
Reactions: SW_Drone_Guy
A bit of info on this ship can be found at RAMFORM VANGUARD, Research Vessel - Details and current position - IMO 9188714 MMSI 311784000 - VesselFinder

The current position of RAMFORM VANGUARD is at North Sea (coordinates 60.17769 N / 1.15464 W) reported 2 hours ago by AIS.

I use vesselfinder.com to identify and locate ships as they pass through the St-Lawrence Seaway in Montreal.
Yes a research /survey vessel that carries out high density seismic operations
and is registered in the Bahamas......Great photos.

Thanks for the comments guys
Ramform Vangard is almost conventional when compared to some of the other more extreme Ramform vessels.
Ramform Titan and her sister ships measure 104m x 70m.
Thanks for that info. I'm going to have a look at their fleet as I quite enjoy the more unusual stuff.

Thanks for all the comments guys, always good to get additional info on subject matter. I use Ship AIS myself as it's an invaluable resource to see what's docked in the local harbours or lying anchored just off the coast.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka