DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update DJI Fly app to latest version BEFORE 1.2.0

jarnie

Reactions
After reading some report that the latest version is 'broken' I am wondering firstly is this true when using with the MA2?
Secondly I have version 1.1.8 and is it possible to update to the last version before 1.2.0 and if so how?
Lastly when updading the firmware with the MA2 powered up is it normal for the fan (well it sounds like a fan) to be running AND the battery to get warm?

I don't know about the app being broke but my MA2 fan runs when i do updates and i've never checked for the battery getting warm when updating either.
I know the battery gets warm if i'm flying as i feel it when i change them out. When they are warm i just leave them sitting in the drone cut out to cool down then put them back in their own cut out once they have cooled. I updated to the new AC firmware yesterday and it was fine, you have to do it again for every battery as there is a battery firmware update within the AC update. I use the SC so didn't do the controller update.
Hope this helps a bit and someone comes along soon to help with the rest.

Hi Jarnie, my fan also runs when I am doing any updates or using the DJI assistant. The batteries do get warmer than the surrounding but not that warm. Not sure if you have IOS or android but I think if you want to upgrade in android to the next version after 1.1.8 (actually I think you can go straight to the latest one if non-issues are reported) go to DJI Fly APKs - APKMirror and it will show the versions there. Hope that helps.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Thanks for your replies and advice.
Maybe what I read was more an issue for the Mini.

Very interesting that each battery seems to have some circuit board and therefore also needs a firmware update - I can't remember seeing that anywhere before.

The battery gets warm but not hot when doing updates. I was just concerned as I didn't think that the battery would be under any stress only supply power for a firmware update. I fully understand it would get warm/hot when flying as a lot of power would be drawn then.

Po přečtení zprávy o tom, že nejnovější verze je „nefunkční“, se nejdříve zajímám, jestli je to pravda při použití s MA2?
Zadruhé mám verzi 1.1.8 a je možné aktualizovat na poslední verzi před 1.2.0 a pokud ano, jak?
A konečně, při aktualizaci firmwaru se zapnutým MA2 je normální, že běží ventilátor (dobře to zní jako ventilátor) A baterie se zahřívá?
Ano, je to pravda. Mám MA2 a poslední aktualizace app DjiFly 1.2.1 je nefunkční, zamrzá obraz. Dělá do aplikace Dji Fly 1.2.1 pro android. Aktualizujte dron v01.00.0460 a RC v02.00.1101, pak si stáhněte starší zelené Dji Fly 1.1.9 a je vše v pořádku. odkaz: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-t...9-release/dji-fly-1-1-9-android-apk-download/

Thanks for your replies and advice.
Maybe what I read was more an issue for the Mini.

Very interesting that each battery seems to have some circuit board and therefore also needs a firmware update - I can't remember seeing that anywhere before.

The battery gets warm but not hot when doing updates. I was just concerned as I didn't think that the battery would be under any stress only supply power for a firmware update. I fully understand it would get warm/hot when flying as a lot of power would be drawn then.
Just need to chime in here on the firmware "element".

In your situation, you have 2 firmware objects - the remote and the drone. Forego the remote for now as that is academic. As for the drone firmware. You are effecting the drone as it is the "hypervisor" that is responsible for its computing environment. Having said that, it would be ant-logical as a firmware engineer to make codependent individual IFB firmware which would in turn force you to apply the update to your entire array of IFBs.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
It was updates the Fly app for the remote I was interested.
And I will forego updates to the remote firmware at least for a while.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS