DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Update failed

NLOL

Reactions
I can not figure this out. Downloaded 1.1.4 from mirrow twice. Open file and tell it to update. It starts fine - all looks good - then get message update failed - no reason given.

Download from play store says it is 1.1.4 but installing it leaves me with 1.1.2

???

Actually the message says 'app not installed'. I'm using a samsung so android 10 and am allowing updates from unknown sources. I suspect this is a security problem of some sort but am out out ideas.

I tried doing the update using a wifi connection - hot the same app not updated message. Am I the only one that has downloaded the file but can't get it to update?

When I uploaded the APK to APK Mirror I asked if there were any issues installing. Nobody reported any, other than the file was small. Another user responded that any additional files needed for installation would be downloaded. So unless you have an active internet connection during the install, it will most likely fail.

Reactions: dawgpilot
When I uploaded the APK to APK Mirror I asked if there were any issues installing. Nobody reported any, other than the file was small. Another user responded that any additional files needed for installation would be downloaded. So unless you have an active internet connection during the install, it will most likely fail.
It's available in Play Store now. Downloaded to a Samsung S8 yesterday.

I've tried 5g 4g and wifi connections - all same result with file downloaded from mirrow.

Play store is strange. I see the app there and can verify that it is 1.1.4. It does not give me a download option. It gives me options to uninstall and to open. The open option appears to open the 1.1.2 version already on my phone - it just pops right to it.

I've been reluctant to uninstall my existing 1.1.2 version. I've never seen an update require that and if something goes wrong with what seems to me to me to be a misbehaving 1.1.4 update program I could be totally grounded.

Is uninstalling 1.1.2 a necessary part of upgrading to 1.1.4?

It was just an update. I flew with it yesterday afternoon. The app on my phone was identified as 1.4.

I've tried 5g 4g and wifi connections - all same result with file downloaded from mirrow.

Play store is strange. I see the app there and can verify that it is 1.1.4. It does not give me a download option. It gives me options to uninstall and to open. The open option appears to open the 1.1.2 version already on my phone - it just pops right to it.

I've been reluctant to uninstall my existing 1.1.2 version. I've never seen an update require that and if something goes wrong with what seems to me to me to be a misbehaving 1.1.4 update program I could be totally grounded.

Is uninstalling 1.1.2 a necessary part of upgrading to 1.1.4?
I had the same thing happen.......BUT, then I went into "My apps and games" from the Play store menu, then looked at my "Installed" apps, I scrolled down to the DJI Fly app and it showed an update available. So from there I updated and now I am on 1.1.4.

Reactions: GARhythm
The best place to verify the app version installed is to go into the Fly app under the "About" section and look at "App Version".

Reactions: GARhythm
Thanks everyone. I've got it. GARythem's comment - I didnt get 1.1.2 from play store- I spqn loaded from from dji. So - I boldly deleted 1.1.2 and installed dji fly from play store. The download looks put of date but my new install shows 1.1.4 so I appear to be good to go

Thanks again guys. This forum is a wonderful resource. I hope I learn enough - not the hard way - to be able to contribute.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ralph.smith.mckenzie@gmai