DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPDATE Geo Zone - thought I had it all figured out

Jaldrich

Reactions
***UPDATE****
Well I was able to figure it out. First off I put in the wrong serial number thank you Dan for your insight on this I thought for sure the flight control sn was the remote control not the aircraft silly me.

Second of all it appears that the DJI Fly safe self unlocking map is not compatible with Apple Safari web browser. Or at least it’s not compatible for me anyway no matter what I do I can’t view the pins at the airport. However I can login on my Microsoft laptop and bring google up and be able to see everything.

I’d like to thank everybody that responded to this post this is a great forum.

————— The original post is below——-

Not sure what I did wrong if anything, I was planning a day trip around some areas for video/photos of the nice snow we have, the two area are in DJI geo zone. I wanted to unlock from home, behind a computer bigger screen, etc. here is my issues I am having:

1. I was able to do a self unlock of one of the areas, afterwards I connected my Smart Controller to my MA2, powered it up I went to the fly app and saw the my approval licenses was showing up in the "Account unlocking Licenses" tab. When I went to the "Aircraft Unlocking License" tab nothing is showing up. I have refreshed it 10 or so times and still nothing. The Drone is Connected to the Smart Controller. Should the approval be under the aircraft tab too or no? if so how do i get it there, my MA2 and SC has been on for over 15 min and still only showing up under the account unlocking tab.

After taking a few deep breaths I went back to the fly safe website to put in for my 2nd location.

2. I am not sure what is going on, but there are no pins, nothing on the map. Lansing and Flint airports had them there before I got approval for Saginaw (MBS). now every pin is gone, I scrolled all over Michigan and nothing. I exited and reinterred and signed back in, went to the map and still nothing....can we only have 1 approval on our account at a time, is that why nothing is showing up? See the attached photo.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 3.06.55 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 3.06.55 PM.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I've never found self unlocking to work and now just go straight to custom unlocking via DJI flysafe. If you don't mind, I'm going to use your image to start a thread regarding DJI maps.

Reactions: Jaldrich
Make sure you entered your AC S/N correctly. I've seen in the Mini where the printed SN didn't match what the app showed.

Reactions: Jaldrich
I think we all wish you put your update as a separate post so we could quote it.

I too thought flight control meant remote control but I was corrected. Only used web unlock once when it took too long to get the text for the authentication phase of unlocking in app.

You are correct, Flysafe website unlock is only allowed from a desktop browser.
You may be successful using Chrome in desktop mode.

I will have to try that if the map ever works for me again. Still no “pins” i just don’t get it. Lol. Oh well.
How to get your pins BACK on the map on a Mac desk top . you go to safari then over to Develop scroll down to Clean Caches click on it and the pins will appear back on the map. Fill out your authorization request and get your #. Now can you tell me how to enter the authorization # into my smart controller ???? The next hurdle !!
All is well
Thanks
Chuck

I believe it shows up in the app when the app gets internet and is logged into the same DJI account. In Fly, there's a sync symbol/button on upper right.
That might be for uploading to AC though.

Settings-safety-unlock Geo zones.
Once the app has the license, you need to upload to the AC.

If you entered the wrong SN, then it may seem to go through but won't work. The SN needed is AC/FC SN. FC is flight controller, NOT remote controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22