DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UPDATE Heart broken Mini 3 pro gone

Daytona500

Reactions
email from DJI
For your case CAS-12920422-H8R4T8, we have finished the data analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked under GPS mode and it responded well to the pilot's commands;
2. Flight Time T=00:40, Relative Height H=64.8 m, Distance to Home Point D=222.7 m, the flight record ended when the aircraft was flying forward and ascending.
3. Home point: 34.0763291, -112.1315941, and the last point: 34.0750062, -112.1334096.

The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterward.

We truly appreciate your support for DJI. Since your product is under the warranty period, if the aircraft cannot be recovered, we would like to offer you a replacement, DJI Mini 3 Pro aircraft (without the remote controller and battery charger) after completing the flyaway report. Please kindly send us the following information:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Yippeeeee!

Congrats!

Reactions: @Rip and TonyPHX
My new drone shipped today and should be here in a few day I gather.
DJI was awesome in helping me thru the process can't thank them enough.

Reactions: @Rip and Beet
DJI support has been awesome! I had a fly away too and they replaced it after reviewing the log showing it just disconnected.

Reactions: @Rip
The question is: Why did it fly away? Could be radio interference, but was the drone set to RTH or hover in place after loss of radio link? In the latter case it may have just hovered until running out of battery and landing. Did you attempt to find it at the last coordinates?

The question is: Why did it fly away? Could be radio interference, but was the drone set to RTH or hover in place after loss of radio link? In the latter case it may have just hovered until running out of battery and landing. Did you attempt to find it at the last coordinates?

I was way out in the country and drone was over private property on a cattle ranch. You don't want to be wandering around in cattle rustler country on a private ranch! The rancher drove by and had a ranch hand look for it in the last point of contact, but nothing.

Nice! I can DJI's customer service has really turned around from the Mavic Pro days when they barely acknowledged any responsibility.