DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

updates for Mavic pro

swings16

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro...as i have mentioned my MP has performed flawlessly since i got it over a year ago

I see discussions here re FIRMWARE updates and other updates for our machines

do these updates happen automatically ?

if not,how do i go about getting these updates and how + when are they installed ?

please help me re this...i feel that i may be out of the loop re all of this and i will appreciate any informed help that i can get from this knowledgeable and informed community

I thank you ALL in advance

best to everyone...Martin/Swings16

DJI GO4 automatically checks AC status when it connects to the AC. It tells you when there is an update and gives you option to install. You can also connect AC to a computer using the DJI assistant 2 software that you can download for free at DJI.com.

DJI GO4 automatically checks AC status when it connects to the AC. It tells you when there is an update and gives you option to install. You can also connect AC to a computer using the DJI assistant 2 software that you can download for free at DJI.com.

Thanks for your response to me...I am a bit ashamed to say that i am still confused...what is the .."AC STATUS" that you refer to ?

Also ..connect AC to a computer ?

I am assuming that you connect to a computer through the opposite side of the mini slot for a picture card...one side of the MP has the mini slot and the other side is to connect to the PC..Yes ?

thanks for your response...i just need a bit more clarification...

Danke ...Swings16

when you have your device that you use to fly your drone powered up and plugged into the controller turn on the controller and after pressing yes to the screen question allow DJI to access you location the controller will connect to your device and a message comparing version if all is well it will go off and tell you to start ac switch on your drone and when the controller has linked to it it will buzz and the screen will say go fly. in the event of there being an update the screen will tell you that you need to do one there are not many updates now for the mp1 as they have sorted out the issues with earlier versions of the drone its the same for the mpp they have been around long enough for issues to be corrected

Reactions: swings16
Connect AC and RC to DJI Go4 app. Go to miscellaneous “...” option in settings, scroll down and select “about”, shows all your firmware and software versions here.
1DEBA775-1768-4AB6-9BA8-AF6ED3EEB3A7.jpeg48FE4A8A-5208-4B21-BCBF-DDF5D069F568.png

You can also go to ac status screen.
9E0E1A4B-F3FE-4767-91C0-FE46B800FBD9.jpeg077C972B-C2B4-46AD-B1ED-0A5B218CAE84.png

when you have your device that you use to fly your drone powered up and plugged into the controller turn on the controller and after pressing yes to the screen question allow DJI to access you location the controller will connect to your device and a message comparing version if all is well it will go off and tell you to start ac switch on your drone and when the controller has linked to it it will buzz and the screen will say go fly. in the event of there being an update the screen will tell you that you need to do one there are not many updates now for the mp1 as they have sorted out the issues with earlier versions of the drone its the same for the mpp they have been around long enough for issues to be corrected

Thank You my fellow OLD MAN
ALWAYS helpful and informative and willing to help ... much gratitude felt here

Connect AC and RC to DJI Go4 app. Go to miscellaneous “...” option in settings, scroll down and select “about”, shows all your firmware and software versions here.
View attachment 61694View attachment 61695

You can also go to ac status screen.
View attachment 61697View attachment 61696

as usual..The UNUSUAL..someone taking time and making the effort to help and share their knowledge of this fine sport

Once again...GRATITUDE...Thank you so very much for such a detailed answer to my question...Bravo !

Reactions: mereflyer
Thank You my fellow OLD MAN
ALWAYS helpful and informative and willing to help ... much gratitude felt here
thanks for your reply if it makes your flying experience better ,it is worth the effort. happy to help

Reactions: swings16
Can a difference in firmware version between batteries and the RC or the AC itself be a cause of random RC errors?

In my opinion, the AC, RC, batteries, and DJI GO4 app have to be in sync to work properly. If you stick to a specific AC firmware version, you also need to stay on the DJI GO4 app that it works on.

In my opinion, the AC, RC, batteries, and DJI GO4 app have to be in sync to work properly. If you stick to a specific AC firmware version, you also need to stay on the DJI GO4 app that it works on.
Batteries and aircraft/RC firmware are more important to be in sync. I'm unaware of any problems arising from older firmware and using newer versions of Go4, though. I don't think that matters at all. I'm still on 1.04.00 on my MP1 and have been updating Go4 all along. I am not going to upgrade that firmware any further.

I beg to differ. If DJI GO 4 App version has updates that works with a firmware that does not exist on the AC may or maynot cause a problem. If I personally want to stay on AC firmware then I would not risk updating the software that runs it. GO4 app is like any other software. It goes through bug fixes and improvements. What DJI deems as a bug could be considered a feauture by someone else.

I beg to differ. If DJI GO 4 App version has updates that works with a firmware that does not exist on the AC may or maynot cause a problem. If I personally want to stay on AC firmware then I would not risk updating the software that runs it. GO4 app is like any other software. It goes through bug fixes and improvements. What DJI deems as a bug could be considered a feauture by someone else.
If you know of any case in which problems occurred due to using older firmware and a newer version of Go4 (or vice versa) then please let me know and I'll concede and change my answer. My answer is based on what I have read and what I have personally experienced. I've been doing that since last year, as well as running several third party apps (also updated) to control the same older firmware.

If you know of any case in which problems occurred due to using older firmware and a newer version of Go4 (or vice versa) then please let me know and I'll concede and change my answer. My answer is based on what I have read and what I have personally experienced. I've been doing that since last year, as well as running several third party apps (also updated) to control the same older firmware.
Sorry, I dont have anything to back up my statement. But I stand by it. I am glad it works for you and hopefully the same for future DJI GO4 update using your old AC firmware.

I found after updating to 5th update i saw black an white lines appearing on background of images but playback of images were fine im buying a new pro soon can i just skip the 1st 4 updates an just goto downloading 5th update on its own or do i have to download them one at a time on both A/C & R/C ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes