DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updating to Ipad Mini Tablet

Reelman67

Reactions
I have questions concerning controller use with an Ipad mini 4th gen tablet.

1.) I've ordered a tablet holder for my Ipad mini and hope to switch over to using the mini permanently. My question is....does the Ipad tablet physically block the controller display, or does the Ipad, when connected using the USB port on the bottom of the controller, display all information formerly displayed on the controller? I have not yet received the holder and am trying to anticipate what will be the issues, if any. My guess is that all necessary information to fly is viewable on the Ipad, including the camera view.

2.) The controller and tablet configuration appears to be a bit unwieldy. Are the joysticks easy to access and use? Is a lanyard advisable, to prevent accidentally dropping the controller?

I am still a newbie yet and am drawing valuable information from the forum. Thanks for any replies.

I use the mini ipad 4 connected to the USB port on the bottom. It is not unwieldy at all. Lanyard is not necessary (I used one the first couple of times and then ditched it.) Joysticks easy to access. Yes, everything is viewed on the ipad and I use both DJI Go and Litchi. I use this holder which I like very much:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7RFDBA

I use the mini ipad 4 connected to the USB port on the bottom. It is not unwieldy at all. Lanyard is not necessary (I used one the first couple of times and then ditched it.) Joysticks easy to access. Yes, everything is viewed on the ipad and I use both DJI Go and Litchi. I use this holder which I like very much:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7RFDBA

Thanks for the reply. This is the same holder I ordered as well. You confirmed what I thought to the letter.

I have 3 lanyards I don’t need or want. Give me an address I will send 1 or 2 your way. Defiantly get a sun shield.

Like Michigan Mike, I just tuck the corners of the mini 4 into the arms of the controller. It fits nicely that way.

Edit: MichiganMavic not Mike. That's what happens when I can't see the post that I am referencing, and have to rely on my memory.
I've got my act together, I just forgot where I put it.[emoji57]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000