DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade from iPhone 7 Plus solved many issues

NTXSteve

Reactions
I just upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro Max for its screen size and CPU improvements over the 7 plus I’ve had for many years. Glad to report no longer getting any CPU full messages, GPS weak signals, basically no error messages of any kind while using DJI app when flying. I was having so many error messages and lost GPS signals with the 7 I basically stopped flying. Just thought I would pass this along.

Reactions: B52-D
@NTXSteve it is annoying when equipment that has worked fine for a long time ,becomes unable to handle the latest Apps ,i had to upgrade my I Pad i use just for my drone flying ,it was fine with the GO4 App, but the fly App not so much ,and i think that as the Apps get evermore features as time goes by, then we will probably have to upgrade our devices again, who knows

A reason perhaps to not update apps? Especially if the old setup was working perfectly well.

I use an iPhone 7 Plus (sometimes an iPad 2020). With the 7 Plus, I find that if I restart it just before flying, the CPU message doesn't appear.

I just upgraded to the iPhone 13 Pro Max for its screen size and CPU improvements over the 7 plus I’ve had for many years. Glad to report no longer getting any CPU full messages, GPS weak signals, basically no error messages of any kind while using DJI app when flying. I was having so many error messages and lost GPS signals with the 7 I basically stopped flying. Just thought I would pass this along.
Had a similar problem with my mini4. It used to run the latest Fly App fine. Then it upgraded to iOS 14.6 which killed the performance. No way to roll the iOS back. Reverted to an old mini2 with iOS 12.4 and the Fly App worked OK.
Today I received a mini6 with iOS 15 and I must say it works fantastic. I can turn on subtitles, video cache and HD pic sync and record the screen while flying without a hiccup. Moral of the story, don't upgrade the iOS.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada