DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade Mavic camera?

Bourbon Droner

Reactions
I am not sure if this is the proper place to make this post as I can't make it fit the other forums.
I have just one question: Is it possible to upgrade the camera on a Mavic Pro with a better one ?

I think it's 1. Cost prohibitive, 2. extremely involved, and 3. probably more than just replacing the camera. Control boards, firmware (both to the camera and the AC). High probability of failure.
Basically, you're looking for a bigger sensor. You may have to go look at the Phantoms (which have bigger sensors) or the Inspire. Or, you can build your own cameraship. I built a heavy lift hex for my dlsr for about 1000 bucks

I think it's 1. Cost prohibitive, 2. extremely involved, and 3. probably more than just replacing the camera. Control boards, firmware (both to the camera and the AC). High probability of failure.
Basically, you're looking for a bigger sensor. You may have to go look at the Phantoms (which have bigger sensors) or the Inspire. Or, you can build your own cameraship. I built a heavy lift hex for my dlsr for about 1000 bucks
Or he kan sell the Mavic Pro and buy a Mavic 2 Pro with the bigger sensor.?

Reactions: Flycaster
Or he kan sell the Mavic Pro and buy a Mavic 2 Pro with the bigger sensor.?

Oh yeah, that's the "simplest route"....I just have a Gen I Mavic, never updated, for small tight spaces, and my Tarot hex with my Nikon when in the wide open spaces...It is kinda big and a pain to schlep, (foldable) but boy it's fun to fly.

Funny, I get just as nervous when the Mavic is up, or my Hex is up.........

Flycaster, I can change a flat tire but that is the limit to my tech. skills. I am facing replacing a front arm on my mavic and that has me worried. I haven't soldered anything in years. Thanks for the reply though.

I am not sure if this is the proper place to make this post as I can't make it fit the other forums.
I have just one question: Is it possible to upgrade the camera on a Mavic Pro with a better one ?
Nope, the easiest route would be to go with an M2P, if you just can't squeeze the needed image from the MP. I've had some pretty good imagery from both but it IS a lot easier from the M2P.

It is not practical. The gimbal and stabilization electronics are designed around a specific camera with known weight, weight distribution, and dimensions. It is extremely unlikely you could find a camera that would meet all those specs.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329