DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade to Mavic Pro or Phantom 3 Pro

abtocmeptb

Reactions
I currently own brand new and barely used phantom 3 std.
Given an opportunity to upgrade will you go with phantom 3 Pro or Mavic Pro?
I am looking for upgraded distance range and 4K video first and foremost. Using litchi waypoints most of the time.
Obviously Mavic Pro is portable but size doesn’t bother me much and I already got all the accessories and extra batteries for phantom.

What would you do?)) Any huge benefits I’m missing??

Reactions: Prado man
I don’t think my recreational use requires such upgrades.
I can get Mavic Pro with all extras for 999 and p3p for 800 with all extras already here.
So it won’t be a “little more”.

Reactions: Mark10v
The mav Pro would be the better option I believe, just for the portability and significantly better camera to what you have

Im not sure.?
But i know who I would ask....
Thunderdrones
maybe he could hook you up.....cR

A little more? You can get a good deal on a used mavic pro around 7-800, usually with some nice extra’s like battery’s and a case. A mavic pro 2 is like 1499 for the drone with one battery?
U forgot that there is thread about an issue with the Mavic Pro 2 gimbal. I am not going to be beta tester for DJI. I will wait a year or so when the Mavic pro 2 v2 is released and fixed all the issues. I am so far satisfied with the Mavic Pro platinum.

U forgot that there is thread about an issue with the Mavic Pro 2 gimbal. I am not going to be beta tester for DJI. I will wait a year or so when the Mavic pro 2 v2 is released and fixed all the issues. I am so far satisfied with the Mavic Pro platinum.
I think you quoted the wrong post, i advised not to purchase a mavic pro2, but a mavic pro (1)

I currently own brand new and barely used phantom 3 std.
Given an opportunity to upgrade will you go with phantom 3 Pro or Mavic Pro?
I am looking for upgraded distance range and 4K video first and foremost. Using litchi waypoints most of the time.
Obviously Mavic Pro is portable but size doesn’t bother me much and I already got all the accessories and extra batteries for phantom.

What would you do?)) Any huge benefits I’m missing??
If I were you I would definitely NOT buy the Mavic 2 right now. Buy it in two years. My suggestion to you right now: Get the Autel Evo. It is the same price as the Mavic but addresses many shortcomings the Mavic has. Here is a link to the website:
EVO | Autel Robotics
Also, if you are interested in the drone, watch dustin dunnill's reviews of it. He is a very thorough tester.

If you are set on the Mavic pro or the Phantom 3 pro, get the Mavic. I have one and it is pretty good, it just gets horizon tilt once in a while which is annoying but it is not deal-breaking.

At the end I went a totally different way.
I got P4adv and Mavic Air.
I figured that would be best value for money upgrade from P3std and spark.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIFly