DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrading firmware

isaacmacryan

Reactions
I have a new drone after replacing my last mavic and it has come with the .400 firmware.

Having been reading lots about how this is a very stable version that many wish to stay on it ...and with the uncertainty of future updates I have been thinking maybe I should also stick with it.

So my question is.... if i wish the mavic to be .400 would it be wise to upgrade everything else apart from the mavic? Or should I just not update anything? Or do I just leave the .400 and update everything...

Any thoughts on this would be much appriciated.

Thanks

If you stay with .400, (IMHO not a bad idea), then I'd also stay with a DJI GO 4 app version below v4.1.
And if you have (or eventually get) the goggles, stay with .700 on them.

Personally, never had a problem with any upgrade.
Yeah me neither... but i also think if it ain't broken then don't fix it applies a bit here ..... I have read a lot on here about this and still feel torn between what's best ...

Agreed. But, just wait for a lot of opinions. I always upgrade, but have never done a calibration of any sort. It has worked for me. Not selling anything, just what I've done and still happy.

Reactions: isaacmacryan
IMHO stay on 400. And as recommended use either 4.0.3 or 4.0.7 DJI Go4 That combination works very well for many. I made a huge error and did not downgrade to 400 while it was still available. I may or may not to do the VMware method. So far 700 and 4.0.7 have worked well as long as I am not on my phone with Nougat. On the Samsung Tab S2 with Marshmallow everything works fine and works anywhere all the time.

Just ordered a Fly more, mavic should be here in the next couple days, I was curious about this too. But since I'm going to be ordering the goggles soon, I'll probably just update everything to the latest.
The only thing I don't update is my Samsung s2 tab to nougat, it has been on marshmallow for weeks now, asks me to update everytime I turn it on.
Dji go 4 is updated to the latest as well as my P4P.

I have never had an issue with anything except when I didn't upgrade immediately. I always install the latest firmware as soon as it's available and my Mavic has been basically flawless.
I use a $80 Samsung j3 emerge smartphone and it also has performed flawlessly!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas