DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

URGENT: Drone with Magnetometer and GPS

Welcome to the forum from the dry lakeless hills of Lake City FL. An irony... I know. If lakes grew here as much as your knowledge will, Lake City would become an ocean. ;)

Welcome again!

Hi, I'm in my final year of university and I am using drones to create a mapping tool as my final year project. So having a GPS and a magnetometer would be really helpful when it comes to stitching different pictures together. Hope that answers your question.
I use a DJI Phantom with a multispectral camera coupled with Agisoft Metashape to produce an ortho-photo-mosaic for final determination of vegetation indices but will work for mapping. If you are into serious mapping this is what you need. As far as a magnetometer for gravity readings you will have to hope someone else can reply. You may be pushing feathers uphill with a blunt stick on that one......
Neville
Queensland
Australia

Maybe look into arducopter if you need something open source. It's pretty complex but works well once configured, it might be right or not for you depending on your needs!

Reactions: Chris4koi and AMann
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots