DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Urgent please: drained battery

7amanian

Reactions
Hello pilot,

My friend was flying his drone and battery got drained litterly 2 mins away from his location and luckily landed on ground not water (like a small island)

His gear is mavic mini and I am planning to help him out with my MA2.

Any idea if I can pick it up and bring it back to safety? And the most important question is how as we are afraid the water might come and cover the island. I was thinking to make a hook with a coat hanger.

Also, just getting in a bad and reach there will take 2 hours and cost so much.

Thanks

• Wow
Reactions: Cirdan
Its nice you want to help out , but the Mission plan is a no go.

You have to fly to the island : than you you have to thread the needle with the drone and you have a time limit to do so.

Assuming you would pick up the drone you have to fly it back over the water , and hope you do not drop it in the water.

You also have to chance your battery levels ,

You mean well but the Mission plan is just to high Risk even for me , I would have to bow out.

Renting a boat seems a better option.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your AIR 2 /S in the Rain.

You have to fly to the island : than you you have to thread the needle with the drone and you have a time limit to do so.

Assuming you would pick up the drone you have to fly it back over the water , and hope you do not drop it in the water.

You mean well but the Mission plan is just to high Risk even for me , I would have to bow out.

Phantomrain.org
Thanks alot for your opinion.

I did few researches for the island and I asked my friend to send me the exact location, funny thing it's just 600m away from the home point. He panicked I knew that and he decided to bring it down to the island.

Thabks alot

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
I agree. You're going to need a boat before the tide comes in.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Thanks, I managed to get to the location and we saw the drone sitting there. We managed to ask about the boat however, some swimming skills needed now ?

The arrow is where we will be coming from and it will take roughly 10 min but reaching from the point to the drone will be a little hassle as we saw today.

Wish us luck ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210606_194104.jpg
    Screenshot_20210606_194104.jpg
    733.1 KB · Views: 41
Hello pilot,

My friend was flying his drone and battery got drained litterly 2 mins away from his location and luckily landed on ground not water (like a small island)

His gear is mavic mini and I am planning to help him out with my MA2.

Any idea if I can pick it up and bring it back to safety? And the most important question is how as we are afraid the water might come and cover the island. I was thinking to make a hook with a coat hanger.

Also, just getting in a bad and reach there will take 2 hours and cost so much.

Thanks
@7amanian : hi, sry about what happened to ur friend but he's lucky to have a friend like you who want to rescue his Mini Thumbswayup
Well, like Phantomrain.org, the better advice is to rent a boat cause even if you found the solution to rescue his Mini by a hook (u can do with a magnet too), be careful cause of the weight. Sure, at 1st it means to pay attention not to drop the Mini in the water (not easy without any wind so imagine if there's some little), but with the +249g = perhaps the motors will spin fast & the battery will decrease more than the normal cause of the weight. A risk to loose 2 drones in the water instead 1 in the island ;-)

Hope you'll find a solution without any risk for the 2 drones.

Reactions: 7amanian
Thank you all for your supportive comments. I believe that the more you fly and practice the best you get in Handling the drones. I love my drone and I will never put it in a risk.

We were afraid that the heat ( as of now reached 50c) will explode the battery ? but today it was a bit cooler in the morning and managed to fly there to see it. I almost got bird attack and I can imagine how it will be if I picked it by my drone ?.

The poor drone still there however I tried to be much closer to it and was hoping to relying on the residue of the battery in the drone ( if any) to connect it but fail.

We found out a someone who will be able to take him there and rescue the drone ???.Screenshot_20210608_194006.jpg

Thanks again for your nice words

Reactions: spudster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb