DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

US GAO releases UAS and law report

FlyingHevy

Reactions
Last week the US Government Accountability Office, to meet the requirement in the FAA Reauthorization Act of 2018 that it study and report on federalism and personal privacy legal issues raised by the FAA's ongoing integration of UAS into the national airspace system, released a two-part report (titled "correspondence" and "appendices") studying these issues.

The report is intended to analyze the current state of the law, including the uncertainties, differing legal positions, and concerns raised about the state of the law, based on review of relevant legal authorities and informed by the legal views of legal commentators and government and non-government experts and stakeholders interviewed by the report's authors.

Both parts of the report are available here.

Disclosure: I was interviewed by the GAO and am cited in the report and the appendix.

Attachments

• GAO.B330570.Correspondence.09.16.20.pdf
    325.4 KB · Views: 8
  • GAO.B330570.Appendices.09.16.20.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: Chip
I read all of the first PDF and about 24 pages into the second one. Looks like there will be a final proposal, supposedly by December of this year for remote ID. While I haven't read the rest of the report yet, I suspect that, like other governmental and FAA dicates, there won't be a lot of shades of gray.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest