DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USA citizen flying in the Netherlands & Ireland - Requirements?

Wumpus_NJ

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Next week I will be traveling to Ireland and the Netherland and will bring my Mini3Pro along for some recreational photos & videos.

I have already taken online training on Ireland's Aviation Authority site, paid 30 Euros and have been issued an identification number (IRL-RP-999999999999) that "enables you to fly in the A1/A3 subcategories".

My questions:
  • Do I also have to do the "Unmanned Aircraft System - Operator Registration" (another 30 Euros) to fly legally in Ireland?
  • Same question for the Netherlands -- will the IRL-RP identification number suffice, or must I also do the Operator Registration with Ireland's ID number & registration meeting legal requirements?
I've reviewed both Ireland's and NL's UAS info and it's not clear to me if I need the RP identification number AND the Operator Registration if I will be the pilot and am flying recreationally. I realize that Operator Registration made in either Ireland of NL will suffice for countries using EU regulations.

Thanks in advance for info and guidance.

Where in in Ireland are you thinking of going, if out west the Cliffs of Moher ( I was there 40 years ago ) are something special even if it they are a possible no fly zone. Similarily Slieve League in Donegal might be worth a visit, I've bypassed it several times without knowing of its existance, pre internet days, but again that may be a no fly zone.

Where in in Ireland are you thinking of going, if out west the Cliffs of Moher ( I was there 40 years ago ) are something special even if it they are a possible no fly zone. Similarily Slieve League in Donegal might be worth a visit, I've bypassed it several times without knowing of its existance, pre internet days, but again that may be a no fly zone.
Unfortunately, I will be in Dublin for only 2 days so I will be limited to the immediate Dublin area. Dublin does have some nice architecture. I've checked the restrictions map for Ireland and much of Dublin is limited to 30m AGL.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I will be in Dublin for only 2 days so I will be limited to the immediate Dublin area. Dublin does have some nice architecture. I've checked the restrictions map for Ireland and much of Dublin is limited to 30m AGL.

Any suggestions?
Height restriction applies in Dublin as approaches to Dublin airport vary, it was 30 metres last time I checked. There are some beautiful old buildings and the no fly zones are on the mysars site you got the licence from. What you have is enough to fly. Gardai ( irish police ) are tolerant within reason but please stay Away from airport as they will arrest you because the usual idiots have grounded aircraft several times. An email on the licence website is always the best way to clarify any issues. Mysrs

Height restriction applies in Dublin as approaches to Dublin airport vary, it was 30 metres last time I checked. There are some beautiful old buildings and the no fly zones are on the mysars site you got the licence from. What you have is enough to fly. Gardai ( irish police ) are tolerant within reason but please stay Away from airport as they will arrest you because the usual idiots have grounded aircraft several times. An email on the licence website is always the best way to clarify any issues. Mysrs
Thanks...yes, I see the height restrictions (mentioned in my last post). Will definitely.stay away from airport and other NFZs that I see.

I've sent email on mysars 5 days ago with no response. That's why i posted here.😉

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas