DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

USB C Cable for Mavic Pro?

BikerGeek

Reactions
Probably been asked a lot but the search results turned up about a thousand hits. Not sure if my regular Mavic pro came with a USB C adapter. Does DJI make one? Can't find it on their site. Got a new phone that has the usb c port and want to use it.

The whole connectivity issue is a huge PITA...there are many different types of connectors, and given that many of the terminate in USB-A, there is even more combinations. All of the adapters and connectors in all of the combinations are available from Amazon, and they’re cheap.

I've used 3rd party cables and adapters and have always had issues with connectivity. The only one that works consistently is the cable that came with it.

I've used 3rd party cables and adapters and have always had issues with connectivity. The only one that works consistently is the cable that came with it.
That's more true of some platforms than others. Apple, for example, is very proprietary about their infrastucture and that applies even to cables. Their iOS updates will occasionally change something on the phone or iPad that makes non-Apple cables not work so well. I've done well with Amazon Basics cables, but, for Apple at least, buying the myriad of Chinese import cables is often a crap shoot. I've never had an issue with any of those other cables though on non-Apple electronics, including drones.

Hello,
I know this is a little bit older now. I can confirm that the regular Mavic Pro I just opened did come with three USB cables for the remote. All three of course have the micro USB end that plugs into the remote. The one that came installed in the remote was the Lightning port but a micro and a USB type C was also included. I believe this Mavic Pro was made in September 2017. It seems I have read somewhere that some very early Pro's did not come with the USB C cable included but I don't recall where. The original DJI micro USB to USB type C cables are available on Amazon & Ebay new & fairly cheap if you want actual OEM equipment.

Probably been asked a lot but the search results turned up about a thousand hits. Not sure if my regular Mavic pro came with a USB C adapter. Does DJI make one? Can't find it on their site. Got a new phone that has the usb c port and want to use it.
I gave up using the side port to connect my phone to the controller a long time ago - and have never had a controller disconnect!
I use one of these cables from the USB2.0 port in the base of my controller, to the USB-C port on my phone ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan