DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Usb cable/s messing with me

FinnishIron

Reactions
Dji App 4.2.20
Controller and Mavic Pro firmware latest may update.
Tablet Huawei Mediapad M3

I have a really strange problem with USB cables.
The only one that works 100% is the micro USB to micro USB and the one in the picture. It connects with the DJI App every time.

If I use another USB cable it normal USB with mini USB it only charge but do not recognize the app?

I want to use a tablet Huawei Mediapad 3 but it only recognize the short 9cm cable (on picture) and its crazy short to use.

The other USB cables ones it just charging?

Thankful for some insight and help

Kind regards,
Finnish Iron1528826229891.jpeg

Last edited:
...If I use another USB cable it normal USB with mini USB it only charge but do not recognize the app?...
If you use the center USB port you have to unplug the short cable from the side of the RC. Then it should work providing your cable in not charge only. Use the USB cable that came with your Mediapad as a test.

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
Not all usb to micro usb cables are the same.

As you said, there are "Charging" cables, (usually the cheesy pink/multicolored krappy ones you see at the 7-11 or gas station for sale.

Like above, you can use the cable that either came with a tablet, or a phone, those will be "data" cables, allowing you to sync your device data to your pc.

Go to Best Buy, you will have no issues getting a data cable. If you go thru Amazon, make sure it is listed as a data/backup cable, or you will more than likely get a charging cable.

As you said, there are "Charging" cables, (usually the cheesy pink/multicolored krappy ones you see at the 7-11 or gas station for sale.

Like above, you can use the cable that either came with a tablet, or a phone, those will be "data" cables, allowing you to sync your device data to your pc.

Go to Best Buy, you will have no issues getting a data cable. If you go thru Amazon, make sure it is listed as a data/backup cable, or you will more than likely get a charging cable.
Thank you

I will test that thank you

If you use the center USB port you have to unplug the short cable from the side of the RC. Then it should work providing your cable in not charge only. Use the USB cable that came with your Mediapad as a test.
I will test that Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000