DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use MicroSD in smart controller or in drone?

I have the Mini 3 Pro with the *new* RC controller (with built-in display). Both have microSD card slots. Rather than purchase a new microSD to match the Sandisk Extreme 512GB in the drone, I was going to just use a spare Samsung EVO+ 256GB microSD card in the RC.

Can you use different sizes of microSD cards in the RC and drone? Obviously, storage will run out on one before the other, but I was just wondering, aside from that, if there would be any other issues to consider.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can you use different sizes of microSD cards in the RC and drone? Obviously, storage will run out on one before the other, but I was just wondering, aside from that, if there would be any other issues to consider.
There's no need to have any card in the controller,
And the sizes of the cards you use make no difference.

Reactions: Mandalorian1
I have the Mini 3 Pro with the RC N-1 controller. Both have microSD card slots. Rather than purchase a new microSD to match the Sandisk Extreme 512GB in the drone, I was going to just use a spare Samsung EVO+ 256GB microSD card in the RC N-1.

Thanks!
RC-N1 is the one without the screen, so doesn’t have a card slot. You probably have the name mixed. Anyhow, the card in the RC is mainly to store the cache video feed.

RC-N1 is the one without the screen, so doesn’t have a card slot. You probably have the name mixed. Anyhow, the card in the RC is mainly to store the cache video feed.
...which is 1080p, and full of all sorts of noisy video. Especially if the signal gets weak.

My bad... I originally stated RC N-1. I stand corrected. It is the *new* RC controller with the built-in display. Thanks all for your replies... very helpful!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom