DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use my discount on purchasing a Mavic?

Hovik

Reactions
Hi all,
I am a Mavic fanboy here. Never owned a drone, for years wanted an Inspire 1 but could never justify the purchase with the missus. Now that the Mavic has arrived for a fraction of the price I feel like I'll probably order one in the next couple of months.

In the mean time I've learned that through the procurement office of my employer I get a discount on all the electronics sold by a very well known NY based Video/Photo vendor. I checked the Mavic and learned that I can get the following pricing:

Mavic Pro base kit: $880.09
Free Shipping, No tax outside NY & NJ
Base kit includes:
  • Aircraft (Intelligent Flight Battery and Gimbal Cover included) ×1
  • Remote Controller ×1
  • Charger ×1
  • Power Cable ×1
  • Propeller Pair ×3
  • Gimbal Clamp ×1
  • Micro SD Card (16GB) ×1
  • Micro USB Cable ×1
  • RC Cable ( Lightning connector ) ×1
  • RC Cable ( Standard Micro USB connector ) ×1
  • RC Cable ( USB Type-C connector ) ×1
  • RC Cable Slider ×4

Mavic "Fly More" Combo: $1,128.32
(In addition to Mavic Pro base kit items (above) you get a car charger, battery charging hub, more extra props and soft carrying case maybe some other stuff, see link:
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-pro?vid=19451#/addons?_k=as9n7h

*I also get similar discounts on a host of other drones and A/V equipment.*

Now, I have no idea how it would work that I can help someone get my discount but I felt like if I could help someone save a few bucks I should at least throw the idea out there. Please share your thoughts...

Hovik

Reactions: chunter415
If your very patient go for it.
You saving a bit over $120 but the wait may be long. DJI and a few other distributors seem to be the only ones that can ship Mavics fairly quickly. Everyone else seems to be in limbo for the last 3 months.

Reactions: photoshoot
Hi all,
I am a Mavic fanboy here. Never owned a drone, for years wanted an Inspire 1 but could never justify the purchase with the missus. Now that the Mavic has arrived for a fraction of the price I feel like I'll probably order one in the next couple of months.

In the mean time I've learned that through the procurement office of my employer I get a discount on all the electronics sold by a very well known NY based Video/Photo vendor. I checked the Mavic and learned that I can get the following pricing:

Base kit includes:
  • Remote Controller ×1
  • Charger ×1
  • Power Cable ×1
  • Propeller Pair ×3
  • Gimbal Clamp ×1
  • Micro USB Cable ×1
  • RC Cable Slider ×4

(In addition to Mavic Pro base kit items (above) you get a car charger, battery charging hub, more extra props and soft carrying case maybe some other stuff, see link:

Now, I have no idea how it would work that I can help someone get my discount but I felt like if I could help someone save a few bucks I should at least throw the idea out there. Please share your thoughts...

Hovik
Is this through B&H Photo in NY ?

Hi all,

Base kit includes:
  • Remote Controller ×1
  • Charger ×1
  • Power Cable ×1
  • Propeller Pair ×3
  • Gimbal Clamp ×1
  • Micro USB Cable ×1
  • RC Cable Slider ×4

Hovik

DJI Associate/Affiliate Program?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
I d proceed with caution anyone whose interested in this. No offence to the OP.....maybe I m just suspicious

If you get a Corp discount I'd say do it. I got 10% off from my apple Corp disc on my Mav.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I d proceed with caution anyone whose interested in this. No offence to the OP.....maybe I m just suspicious
No offence taken. I would think the same honestly if i read it. Just wanted to help but honestly I don't know how to do so I a manner that is safe for myself and others. That's why I'm just throwing it out there and asking for ideas. Could be it's not worth it for others to risk, and obviously I'd be spending my time on this with no personal benefit so that would have to be weighed as well. I work full time, have 2 kids and am in grad school so time is valuable but if it's a few orders no problem... If nobody interested it's no skin off my back. If so, PM me to discuss.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU