DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Used Mini 2

BillW

Reactions
I was looking into buying a used Mini 2 from a local fellow.

I downloaded the Go Fly app, and it was telling me the Mini 2 needs to "comply with remote identification".

Now, I didn't buy the drone yet...just grabbed the app, but it seems like DJI is adding restrictions for the unit to work.

The app is telling me "No Fly Spots available nearby" wherever I go, so I don't even know if this is a good idea to make the purchase or not.

I was under the impression that the <249g drones did not need any registration/ID, etc., to fly.

Reactions: Cafguy

I downloaded the Go Fly app, and it was telling me the Mini 2 needs to "comply with remote identification".

Now, I didn't buy the drone yet...just grabbed the app, but it seems like DJI is adding restrictions for the unit to work.

The app is telling me "No Fly Spots available nearby" wherever I go, so I don't even know if this is a good idea to make the purchase or not.

I was under the impression that the <249g drones did not need any registration/ID, etc., to fly.
I would suggest you take the TRUST and go with the answers you get from there instead of the Fly app if there is any confusion.

Its a great little drone to start with
RID is something that is built into the quad , Remote ID enables a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties.
There are no restrictions that i know of
DJI suggest flight spots, the fact that there are none isnt an issue, mine says that all the time
In the UK we need to register and licence by law, that said not everyone follows the rules
for people in the US follow this link

Take the TRUST and find a spot! Research the area and make sure you wont be breaking any rules for that area. If that area is good for Flying and there is no DJI geo lock. you are good to fly. Keep the trust card handy just in case. If you are flying somewhere you shouldnt be because you didnt know better The worst that will happen to you is you will get a nasty letter telling you to stop now. Caution. That doesnt count around airports,National Parks and such Those can land you in the pokey!-- so just be Aware.

Reactions: mavic3usa
I would stongly suggest that you confirm, via your own eyes and using your own phone that,
a) the drone is NOT bound to someone's DJI account and
b) that the controller is not bound to the drone/
Either of those bindings can create problem for the next owner AND ONLY the binding DJI account can undo those bindings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Headroom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gyved