DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"User-friendly" user manual????

Here is the most complete guide I can find. Not a manual but covers everything soup to nuts.

Reactions: Dronut and NormNess
Last edited:
Reactions: NormNess
Why ask for an "after-market" manual than one from DJI??
The official DJI Mini 2 manual should be read cover to cover but still quite confusing if you don't have some drone experience. The essentials are there but I find the way it covers the DJI Fly app and its video/photography modes to be a bit weak. A good YouTuber can explain things with more clarity by walking the new user through everything and explaining the settings in plain language.

Last edited:
If one takes the time to search using Bing, or Google, etc, you can find many books on flying drones, whether you'll find one specifically for the Mini 2, probably highly unlikely, too new...

As noted the best way to get info are probably YT Videos like the one noted in the thread, followed by actual flying in a safe location where chances of crashing are minimal. Reading the actual DJI manual does give you some specifics that may not pop up in a video...

While I agree with all the information/direction provided in the answers above, OP has a point. The User Manual is incomplete. A "For Dummies" guide would have been helpful to me, a new-to-droning guy who now has about 3 hours of flight 'experience' (if that).

I have been going through a cycle of 'try it / hmm, that didn't work as expected / research / go out again and try it another time'. This after spending hours (even before I got my Air 2S) on Youtube trying to get educated.

Examples:

Description of DJI Geo zones and relation to FAA authorization zones, and when and how you need to do what.

Description of details in the Fly App, such as gimbal/yaw speed/smoothness controls.

The basic technical information may be there, but finer detail and context is missing. This may be OK for a seasoned user, but newbies (like me) could find a single, coherent, comprehensive 'Dummies' manual useful.

That said: a HUGE THANK YOU to those Youtube channels (too many to name individually) who have helped me get to the point I'm at.

Today's mission: try some adjustments to Yaw speed smoothness so I can take a better 'tripod' pano rotation video.

For grins: one of yesterday's exercises: a manual panorama of 5-6 shots stitched together in Lightroom. Location chosen for privacy, not scenery.

Attachments

• Martinez_Pano_2.jpg
    Martinez_Pano_2.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
While I agree with all the information/direction provided in the answers above, OP has a point. The User Manual is incomplete. A "For Dummies" guide would have been helpful to me, a new-to-droning guy who now has about 3 hours of flight 'experience' (if that).

I have been going through a cycle of 'try it / hmm, that didn't work as expected / research / go out again and try it another time'. This after spending hours (even before I got my Air 2S) on youtube trying to get educated.

Examples:

Description of DJI Geo zones and relation to FAA authorization zones, and when and how you need to do what.

Description of details in the Fly App, such as gimbal/yaw speed/smoothness controls.

The basic techincal information may be there, but finer detail and context is missing. This may be OK for a seasoned user, but newbies (like me) could find a single, coherent, comprehensive 'Dummies' manual usefull.

That said: a HUGE THANK YOU to those youtube channels (too many to name individually) who have helped me get to the point I'm at.

Today's mission: try some adjustments to Yaw speed smoothness so I can take a better 'tripod' pano rotation video.

For grins: one of yesterday's exercises: a manual panorama of 5-6 shots stitched together in Lightroom. Location chosen for privacy, not scenery.
Since there is no dummy guide that I can find, your best bet is to ask questions if you need to here, someone here probably has the answer..

I've been flying for almost 2 years and have yet to need to futz with FAA authorization zones, and if you plan your flights in advance, you'd know whether you'd need to do that or not, or you can merely plan unless absolutely unavoidable, not to fly in places where you would need to get authorizations.

Also, as noted there are many videos on various services related to how to Fly or use DJI apps, DJI posts their own as well. There are a number of videos I've seen on gimbal adjustments, you just need to search for them...

Finally, your already doing whats is needed, its called practice..

You tube is great for general knowledge. The problem is they are generally released soon after the drone appears on the market and they sometimes don't address the latest upgrades. Search around but skip books...they are generally way out of date and a waste of money.

You tube is great for general knowledge. The problem is they are generally released soon after the drone appears on the market and they sometimes don't address the latest upgrades. Search around but skip books...they are generally way out of date and a waste of money.
In many cases, there are some YT channels that have documented changes across App versions, but they can be a little harder to locate perhaps, but they are out there... Though some of them are merely records of the issues encountered in some cases and not necessarily what was new.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d