DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using 10 inch tablet divorced/unattached from RC

Frickster

Reactions
I'm thinking of a way to use my 10 Inch tablet without attaching it to the remote. I want to make something that will hold the tablet off my chest with a strap around my neck and a paddle brace between my stomach and chest. Then I could plug the tablet into the RC and have the freedom to hold the remote separate. Has anyone tried this and if you have did I work well for you?

Reactions: mereflyer
I'm thinking of a way to use my 10 Inch tablet without attaching it to the remote. I want to make something that will hold the tablet off my chest with a strap around my neck and a paddle brace between my stomach and chest. Then I could plug the tablet into the RC and have the freedom to hold the remote separate. Has anyone tried this and if you have did I work well for you?
Haven't tried it but sounds like an interesting idea. A search of "tablet harness" on Google came up with lots of already made devices for tablets that do what you're thinking of doing.

Reactions: Frickster
Haven't tried it but sounds like an interesting idea. A search of "tablet harness" on Google came up with lots of already made devices for tablets that do what you're thinking of doing.
I just googled it and it gave me some ideas. The ones that I saw that I liked are kinda spendy. I'm going to try to make something from the ideas I got looking at them. I just don't think I like the thought of having the RC attached to the tablet.

That looks perfect!
I wouldn't mind the RC detached from the tablet, other than the USB cord. That's pretty much how I fly in the park. Tablet on the park table held up by tablet mount, use RC tethered by long cord included with Mavic.

Reactions: Frickster
Wondering if you are over thinking the issue ??

Perhaps a fix for few dollars ??

Velcro and scrap wood . A bit rustic, but holds my Samsung Tab A securely

Attachments

• 20190122_044919.jpg
    20190122_044919.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20190122_044936.jpg
    20190122_044936.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 20190122_045011.jpg
    20190122_045011.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Sometimes when I want a little more mobility and less weight on my neck strap I mount the Ipad tablet to a tripod. I then have a 6' or 10' cable from my controller to the Ipad. Allows movement and other spectators with you can also view the screen and you can look at it as much or as little as you feel a need to. Just a thought.

I have one that does what you want and have used it on my iPad 4. I may be willing to make a deal since I dont use it very much anymore.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial