DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a USB C Multiport Adapter

pwrmac7100

Reactions
Hi All,

I'm new to this - so thank you in advance.

I am trying to use a USB-C Multiport adapter so that I can connect to a HDMI display AND the drone controller to my tablet - but I cannot get it to work.

I have a Mavic Pro. I have a Samsung Tab S7 (with 1 USB C port); I also have a Samsung S9+ (with 1 USB C port). I can connect the controller to the tablet/phone with no problems - have been doing it for year. However, I wanted to try and connect a HDMI display so I can show the tablet/phone on a TV at the same time. I bought the Samsung Multiport Adapter (2020), EE-P3200BJEGUJ hoping this would work.

I can connect the display with no problem - but I cannot get the controller to connect via the USB A nor the USB C port on the multiport adapter (I never get the "GO FLY" button in DJI GO4 app). I've tried various usb adapter cables, tried both the A and mini port on the controller, I've tried enable USB debuggin on the the tablet/phone, nothing. I connected a keyboard to the A port on the adapter just to confirm it does, actualy, work - and it the keyboard did.

I pretty techincally inclinded - but this has got me stumped. Any ideas you may have would greatly welcomed.

Thanks

I don’t have any suggestions about the USB issue, but was wondering if it would be possible to cast (screen mirror) the monitor of the phone or tablet to the TV rather than use a cabled connection? Just a thought.

Howard

I don't believe the usb c port on the phone/tablet can handle data input from the controller and at the same time output screen data via the HDMI.

You need a device with a dedicated HDMI output port to get an external monitor hooked up via cable or you could do a wireless screen cast from the phone (connected to the controller) to the tablet connected to the TV as mentioned by Howard70. I've done this before using the Apowermirror app, just hotspot the two devices together on a local network between themselves.

Reactions: Repaid1
I have the Mavic2Zoom and highly recommend the Smart Controller for the Mavic2 line. It has the HDMI out and I use mine exactly how you are trying to use yours ! Not having to play with tablets and phones and everything that entails to get your UAS connected and launched is worth the investment, IMO. I have also use the cast feature on the Smart Controller. Happy flying, stay safe

Reactions: Howard70
I don't believe the usb c port on the phone/tablet can handle data input from the controller and at the same time output screen data via the HDMI.

You need a device with a dedicated HDMI output port to get an external monitor hooked up via cable or you could do a wireless screen cast from the phone (connected to the controller) to the tablet connected to the TV as mentioned by Howard70. I've done this before using the Apowermirror app, just hotspot the two devices together on a local network between themselves.

I can able to connect a monitor and keyboard simultaneously using the phone/tablet USB C port. So, it can do data at the same time as video.
As for screen mirroring - yes, that kind of works. The video is never as smooth as HDMI. There are also times when I want to use the HDMI output for live streaming of events - but that's a whole other conversation.

I have the Mavic2Zoom and highly recommend the Smart Controller for the Mavic2 line. It has the HDMI out and I use mine exactly how you are trying to use yours ! Not having to play with tablets and phones and everything that entails to get your UAS connected and launched is worth the investment, IMO. I have also use the cast feature on the Smart Controller. Happy flying, stay safe
Yeah. I prefer the tablet because of the large screen. Worse case scenario for me is to use a tablet with a built-in HDMI port. It's just annoying the USB C port is not working when it comes to the drone (when it works with keyboards if connected).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada