DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using existing SDK for mini 2 possible?

Ok, this is what we have:
Air 2 and mini 2
We start with Air 2, building the toolchain, when the app will work, we can go ahead to mini 2
So i guess android studio with the SDK supposed to be enough, or any other suggestions?
Steps to follow?
Thanks
BR

Reactions: h8id
Ok, this is what we have:
Air 2 and mini 2
We start with Air 2, building the toolchain, when the app will work, we can go ahead to mini 2
So i guess android studio with the SDK supposed to be enough, or any other suggestions?
Steps to follow?
Thanks
BR
Start with this project:
it gives you an easy app to start with, including fpv ui.

Then you can look at
to see how the sdk is used.

The sdk has to be hacked, it doesn't support mini2. I'm close, but I really could need some help here.

DJI never going to release a sdk for mini2 they say :-/

Reactions: h8id and robragon
From dji forum:
According to DJI they wil not be releasing a SDK for the Mini 2...
Can you link a reference to where DJI said this please?

Direct email from Luce Luo at DJI Developer Support...

I need help with reverse engineer the msg sent to the drone at startup to activate it beyond 30m. Best done with fridaon android, but there might be other ways.

Or, reverse the livefeed api, to be able to reset back to default when mocking dronetype. Its encrypted native code.
As it is now, the live feed goes down when I mock mini2 as an air2.
Otherwise everything works except the live feed. I'm done some 'blind' autonomus flight.

My app focus on smooth filming, new flightmodes, followme, cv, 2nd remote controll app over 4g with live feed, wind-meter. Consists of plugins that can be dynamic connected and controlled by each other. And some hacks like hidden parameters, speed override, gimbal hack. All made in python.

I stayed away from waypoints, but it wouldnt take much to do it. All building blocks are there. I think other apps do that just fine.

Reactions: robragon and h8id
From dji forum:

Can you link a reference to where DJI said this please?

Direct email from Luce Luo at DJI Developer Support...

I need help with reverse engineer the msg sent to the drone at startup to activate it beyond 30m. Best done with fridaon android, but there might be other ways.

Or, reverse the livefeed api, to be able to reset back to default when mocking dronetype. Its encrypted native code.
As it is now, the live feed goes down when I mock mini2 as an air2.
Otherwise everything works except the live feed. I'm done some 'blind' autonomus flight.

My app focus on smooth filming, new flightmodes, followme, cv, 2nd remote controll app over 4g with live feed, wind-meter. Consists of plugins that can be dynamic connected and controlled by each other. And some hacks like hidden parameters, speed override, gimbal hack. All made in python.

I stayed away from waypoints, but it wouldnt take much to do it. All building blocks are there. I think other apps do that just fine.
Blind autonomous (with the map location) is not an issue for mapping... the camera is pointing at the ground anyways. The frida layer is complicating things... but you could do it. The point of the DJI stuff for me is to not have to deal with all that complexity though. I have other drone's, but the Mini 2 is so easy.. it would be my go to for the bulk of stuff I do where the high end requirements are just not there. It seems surprisingly capable in all kinds of situations so far. Still working on catching up. Hate that DJI actually is taking that stance on it. Love the sound of your app Surfbird.

Reactions: robragon
Surfbird
I installed the SDK demo 4.14.1 run on the phone, it prints Hello world and stops. That's what it supposed to be?
Am I missing something?
How shall I proceed in order to go to Air 2 , another SDK? APP to download? which one? where from?
Thanks man.
BR

Surfbird, guys, hi again

Well, I did the follow:
  • Installed the SDK and build and run demo. Got the screen with “Hello World”
  • Opened the Sample project, compiled and run. Got the screen as shown below.
  • Now I want to go further, to build a simple app for my Air-2, that does:
  • Start engines
  • Take off few meters
  • Start camera
  • Turns 360
  • Stop camera
  • Land down
  • Stop engines
  • So, hw shall I proceed from here? Any recommendations? Tips? Directions?
1619464643633.png

Any help is welcome guys.
Thanks in advance

BR

Surfbird, guys, hi again

Well, I did the follow:
  • Installed the SDK and build and run demo. Got the screen with “Hello World”
  • Opened the Sample project, compiled and run. Got the screen as shown below.
  • Now I want to go further, to build a simple app for my Air-2, that does:
  • Start engines
  • Take off few meters
  • Start camera
  • Turns 360
  • Stop camera
  • Land down
  • Stop engines
  • So, hw shall I proceed from here? Any recommendations? Tips? Directions?
View attachment 128112

Any help is welcome guys.
Thanks in advance

BR
Takeoff

Turning with virtualsticks:

Land:

Surfbird,
Thanks man
Shouldn't It first be connected to the Device? is that sample, as I show, makes the connection? or there is another example to make the connection and then I can add on top of it all my code?
Thanks

Surfbird,
Thanks man
Shouldn't It first be connected to the Device? is that sample, as I show, makes the connection? or there is another example to make the connection and then I can add on top of it all my code?
Thanks
Yeah you should connect the phone to the remote.

Well, this is what I did, but nothing happens, shall I do something in addition? i have tried to push the icons on the screen / form, also nothing.
What am I doing wrong?

Well, this is what I did, but nothing happens, shall I do something in addition? i have tried to push the icons on the screen / form, also nothing.
What am I doing wrong?
On the sample app.. you need to hit register. With the phone connected to the remote.. drone on the bottom button should go blue and it should say something like DJI Aircraft connected and Unknown type.. or something like that.

Well, I have done that and the message I got is:
"SDK Registration Failed. Please check the bundle ID and your network connectivity. The metadata received from server is invalid, please reconnect to the server and try."

So what is wrong there can be? the application key is ok.
Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike