DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using generative AI for a drone shot - can't beat a real drone, yet

Dangerly

Reactions
I used runwayml generative AI to create this short video clip of a drone flying over a beach, as part of a short movie I'm producing as an experiment in order to see how far I can take the latest AI tools.

The prompt: FPV view over crowded beach bordering a busy street in Berkeley, California.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suspect OpenAI's Sora would do a much better job of the scene but that's not generally available yet, so this is what I can produce now using one of the top tools for this kind of thing. You can see how far these generated drone videos still have to go, but I think it's only a matter of time before they get "good enough" for a lot of uses.

You can see this drone shot in the context of the first 30-seconds of the whole science fiction movie here (I used elevenlabs for voice over):

Nothing like the real thing!

BTW, Thanks for sharing the technology of today Dangerly.

The A.I. is getting good and spooky at the same time.

Reactions: Dangerly
To really see what can be simulated watch Masters of the Air on Apple. There you will see entire formations of B-17 s flying with contrails exhaust and battle damage etc. CG has created a very real aviation world. The book of the same name is great as well. In the book you will meet “Rosie” Rosenthal -an aviator, Nuremberg attorney and 53 mission combat command pilot. Great American. Great read and a wonderful movie series.

I used runwayml generative AI to create this short video clip of a drone flying over a beach, as part of a short movie I'm producing as an experiment in order to see how far I can take the latest AI tools.

The prompt: FPV view over crowded beach bordering a busy street in Berkeley, California.

I suspect OpenAI's Sora would do a much better job of the scene but that's not generally available yet, so this is what I can produce now using one of the top tools for this kind of thing. You can see how far these generated drone videos still have to go, but I think it's only a matter of time before they get "good enough" for a lot of uses.

You can see this drone shot in the context of the first 30-seconds of the whole science fiction movie here (I used elevenlabs for voice over):
Would love to see it but..... 3rd party cookies are a big no

The what in the where now?

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that there is no crowded beach currently bordering a busy street in Berkeley, California?

The movie I'm producing is based on a science fiction novel I wrote set in Berkeley 100 years in the future. I gave the AI the prompt "FPV view over crowded beach bordering a busy street in Berkeley, California." based on looking at where the coastline will be in the Bay Area 100 years in the future, given estimates about trends in global warming and global sea level rise. At that time, it's projected to be where Adeline Street currently is in Berkeley.

My knowledge of AI stagnated in the late 1980’s but it is remarkable. What is happening. So what you presented was all from an AI textual language? Amazing. SAG must be quite nervous because I bet AI actors never age and they don’t need stunt doubles! And most importantly they don’t have agents and lawyers! If I sent you my head shot I could look like Tom Selick?? Don’t tell my wife. Seriously, we are on a the early cusp in this technology. Historically tech can be used for good or evil. I hope to stay around long enough to see how it is used and misused. Thanks for a wonderful starting example.
The Rosie I was referring to was an actual pilot in the Army Air Corps but you are referring to someone in the AI world?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lexchin