DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using intelligent Flight Batteries as Power Banks (Two-Way Charging Hub)

basyok

Reactions
I'm out hiking and camping, and running low on power on my phone. I was relying on the Two-Way Charging Hub to act as a power bank for my phone, but it's not working.

There's definitely power being provided, and my cables work, as i can charge other devices in this way, but not my pixel 6 pro (or my wife's pixel 6). Both phones charge just fine from regular power banks.

What's going on here?

If it behaves like the charging hubs for the first two Minis you may have to switch the hub "on" once everything is connected.

Reactions: basyok
Just a follow up, in case anyone else has this issue.

It was the cable.

Get a quality cable, and it'll work. In my case i bought a Huawei USB-A to USB-C cable and now I'm able to charge my pixel 6 pro from the two-way charging hub (with a battery or batteries in it).

Previously i had a USB-A to micro-USB cable with a USB-C adaptor and that wasn't working.

Just a follow up, in case anyone else has this issue.

It was the cable.

Get a quality cable, and it'll work. In my case i bought a Huawei USB-A to USB-C cable and now I'm able to charge my pixel 6 pro from the two-way charging hub (with a battery or batteries in it).

Previously i had a USB-A to micro-USB cable with a USB-C adaptor and that wasn't working.
Yes, cables are very important, and have been for years. All too many cheap cables use wire that's too fine a gauge to handle currents for USB C charging rates. Add adapters and it get worse fast, since signalling among the wires has changed over time.

Reactions: basyok
Yes, cables are very important, and have been for years. All too many cheap cables use wire that's too fine a gauge to handle currents for USB C charging rates. Add adapters and it get worse fast, since signalling among the wires has changed over time.
I need to replace the Type-C to Type-C PD Cable that came with my Mini 3 Pro (preferably with a longer one). Could you kindly point me to one which meets your criteria? Or can I assume that if a cable will charge a phone it will work fine?

I need to replace the Type-C to Type-C PD Cable that came with my Mini 3 Pro (preferably with a longer one). Could you kindly point me to one which meets your criteria? Or can I assume that if a cable will charge a phone it will work fine?
Don't assume anything. You're best off buying a known brand from a reputable vendor. Yes, you'll pay a bit more, but even the best cables are not that expensive. If you buy through Amazon, pay attention to who is actually the vendor, what the brand is and what the specs are.
Fortunately, the currents (amps) for USB C aren't that high. Higher power charging comes from higher voltage. This means it's not that hard, or expensive, to build a decent cable. Just don't fall for any hype, like existed some years ago with audio cables - "oxygen free" for example.

Reactions: ExEvo
For connecting a device to a controller, you need an OTG cable -- an "ordinary" cable will not work. If a listing doesn't specifically say it's OTG, don't get it. If you want to be really safe, you can get a DJI 18" cable directly from a DJI distributor (I've seen them on eBay).

Reactions: ExEvo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent