DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using mavic 3 charging hub to charge other devices

jwilson

Reactions
Can I use my mavic 3 charging hub to charge other devices, like my tablet? Like, I would just have fully charged batteries plugged into it, and use a USB C cable to charge my tablet.

Can I use my mavic 3 charging hub to charge other devices, like my tablet? Like, I would just have fully charged batteries plugged into it, and use a USB C cable to charge my tablet.
Yes the USB Type C charger for the Mavic 3 will charge other compatible devices besides drones.

Yes the USB Type C charger for the Mavic 3 will charge other compatible devices besides drones.
I think he wants to use the drone batteries in the hub to charge other devices, disconnected from the charger, rather than the charger itself.

My Air2s came with a little adapter that connected to the Battery so you could charge things with them. Not sure why they didnt include it with other models. It comes in handy sometimes.

Reactions: jwilson
I cannot get this to work, the hub light remains red when I insert a charged battery into the hub and using a micro-USB cable connecting the hub to a tablet attempting to recharge the tablet battery. Doesn't work for me.

My Air 2 "Fly More" kit came with an adapter that I can put on a battery and charge a phone or other USB device. I have those for Milwaukee Tool batteries, as well.

I cannot get this to work, the hub light remains red when I insert a charged battery into the hub and using a micro-USB cable connecting the hub to a tablet attempting to recharge the tablet battery. Doesn't work for me.
Ok. I'll try it myself. Not that big a deal if it doesn't work, as long as it doesn't damage the charger.

But I don't have Ryobi Batteries, only dji mavic 3 batteries, and the charging hub. Does Ryobi make batteries that fit in the mavic 3?
No. LOL!
There are 3rd party hubs for Mavic 3 batteries that also support draining the attached batteries to storage state with a connected fan. Instead of the fan, any other device could be powered to use the attached batteries as power bank, until the selected desired remaining battery percentage is reached.

No. LOL!
There are 3rd party hubs for Mavic 3 batteries that also support draining the attached batteries to storage state with a connected fan. Instead of the fan, any other device could be powered to use the attached batteries as power bank, until the selected desired remaining battery percentage is reached.
Ok, so your saying Ryobi makes a discharging hub for mavic 3 batteries. That's good to know, but I won't buy one just to accomplish this purpose. But thanks for telling me about it.
Just out if curiosity, why would someone buy/use that, when the batteries discharge automatically after a certain period of time anyway, to arrive at their best storage charge?

Ok, so your saying Ryobi makes a discharging hub for mavic 3 batteries. That's good to know, but I won't buy one just to accomplish this purpose. But thanks for telling me about it.
Just out if curiosity, why would someone buy/use that, when the batteries discharge automatically after a certain period of time anyway, to arrive at their best storage charge?
That's not at all what I am saying! Ryobi has nothing to do with it.
Some aftermarket Mavic 3 charging hubs have this discharging capability for those that don't want to wait a week for their unused batteries to discharge to storage mode, to ostensibly prolong battery life. Regardless of why, that capability allows you to use those battery hubs as a power bank, which is what you requested:

Hanatora Multi Function Dual Input Charger with Storage Charge,Discharge for DJI Mavic 3 Series Battery,Wall & Car Parallel Charing hub for Mavic 3 Pro/Classic/Cine Drone Accessories​

I think what's going on here is that several battery brands, including Mavic, have USB adapters through which you can charge other USB devices, like phones or ear buds. My Air 2 "Fly More" kit has one. I put the adapter onto a fully charged Mavic battery, plug a USB cable into the adapter, and I can charge my phone from that. I have Milwaukee tools and they have adapters for both the M-12 and M-18 batteries. That other response (Cafguy?) said that Ryobi has the same thing and I wouldn't be surprised if DeWalt and a few others did, too. Ryobi and Milwaukee are both owned by the same parent company, BTW.

I think what's going on here is that several battery brands, including Mavic, have USB adapters through which you can charge other USB devices, like phones or ear buds. My Air 2 "Fly More" kit has one. I put the adapter onto a fully charged Mavic battery, plug a USB cable into the adapter, and I can charge my phone from that. I have Milwaukee tools and they have adapters for both the M-12 and M-18 batteries. That other response (Cafguy?) said that Ryobi has the same thing and I wouldn't be surprised if DeWalt and a few others did, too. Ryobi and Milwaukee are both owned by the same parent company, BTW.
Oddly, to my knowledge, DJI hasn't made a USB adapter for the Mavic 3 batteries, allowing you to discharge them by using the battery as a power bank. However, after market products by third parties always fill those voids.

Now that's cool. The Hanatora adapter. I see they have one for the Air 2s. Are the batteries for the Air 2 the same? I'd love to be able to charge my batteries in the car.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne