DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using mavic air without flying?

Trebor75

Reactions
Hi peoples. Question is can I use the air as a camera only and not fly? Will this hurt the internals etc from heat and not cool down with flying? How long would the battery last? I'm thinking of filming a sunset that would last a while so wanted some answers to the questions I'm thinking of. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks

Reactions: Former Member
Hi peoples. Question is can I use the air as a camera only and not fly? Will this hurt the internals etc from heat and not cool down with flying? How long would the battery last? I'm thinking of filming a sunset that would last a while so wanted some answers to the questions I'm thinking of. Anything I'm missing?

Thanks

Many people use their drones as hand held cameras. You wont get any sound, but dont worry about the drone getting too hot. The Airs cooling fan will keep everything cool. Just remember to take off your gimbal lock and props.

Many people use their drones as hand held cameras. You wont get any sound, but dont worry about the drone getting too hot. The Airs cooling fan will keep everything cool. Just remember to take off your gimbal lock and props.

Thank you sir.

Thanks
Here you go.
In the DJI store
And this one
If you look around you’ll see others.

Reactions: Trebor75
MA works well as a hand held camera. If you are concerned about sound, keep the remote handy.

Alternative, is to perhaps purchase the DJI Osmo Mobile 2, ($115). Uses your cell phone (Android/iOS) and really works great. Many more options than just using the drone as a video camera. I have one and I love it!

Reactions: Trebor75

Thanks

Hi! Here is the PolarPro offering for using the Mavic Air as a handheld camera: Katana Pro | Mavic Air. We have had great success using the Katana internally and have had positive reviews from our customers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to the PolarPro team!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez