DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Micro USB vs Micro AB for connecting/flying Mavic 2?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I should know this off the top of my head, but I have a what should be a simple question...
The connector on the side of the Mavic 2 controller has a Micro/AB "jack" and the cables provided are MicroAB to iOS lightning, USB-C, Mini USB. However the controller accepts Mini USB for charging. However MicroAB cables, particularly with iOS are very limited in length.

Can one use a Micro USB in that connecting jack to the phone/tablet to fly, or is that connector for flying limited to MicroAB?
I know that I can use the USB-A input at the bottom of the controller. I am specifically asking about the side connector.

the side connector can be used for charging the RC ,or connecting to your screen device
you can use a micro USB but you need to make sure ,that as with the charging plug you dont put it in upside down ,as it can damage the port ,and then you will no longer be able to charge the RC ,its always been best practise to use the bottom USB A port to connect to your device ,as it is more robust than the side port

the side connector can be used for charging the RC ,or connecting to your screen device
you can use a micro USB but you need to make sure ,that as with the charging plug you dont put it in upside down ,as it can damage the port ,and then you will no longer be able to charge the RC ,its always been best practise to use the bottom USB A port to connect to your device ,as it is more robust than the side port
If what you say is true I don’t understand why DJI put a micro a B port on the side if you could simply use a mini USB. In fact I don’t believe you can charge the controller except with a mini USB on the side port. Of course when you charge the controller the mini USB must be oriented properly. I do use the bottom port when I use VR goggles, but if my phone were mounted between the two “paddles “I always used the side port.

I’ll have to try a mini USB in the side port, but don’t think I’ll get to it today as it is 95F/36C outside. They had planned on flying my mini today on a Litchi mission for a test.

I bought my microAB to Ipad cable - 12inch - on ebay. Fits flush to the controller but maybe could have been a tad shorter.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada