DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using one controller with more than phone?

PhuketAl

Reactions
Given that my Air 2s is injured with sensor and gimbal problems (per my previous post) I want to borrow my brother's Mini 2 for an event this weekend. My question is, to do that can I/should I use his controller or pair his Mini 2 with my Air 2s controller? He has an Android phone and I have an iPhone - if that makes a difference.

As far as I am aware, you can use your device with his remote, it may ask you to register his RC with your account possibly. Not sure.. The other thing it probably does is generate logs and flights for the different AC, not sure if they are kept separate or not, perhaps someone that has done this before will have more specific info.

For simplicity's sake I would use his controller with his drone. I see no advantage in doing anything otherwise, in fact it might possibly avoid firmware 'conflicts'. The latter presumes your brother's controller and drone have matching firmware.

I have several phones, Android and iPhone, that I use with a Mavic Mini i.e. the FLY app, and there is no problem with that expect that the flight records are 'spread out' over those phones. I do not know if the mini 2 differs in this respect but I would be surprised if it did.

The app is able to separate drones one from another, I have flown 3 minis with one phone and each mini has its own set of records in the app

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with post #3. I think when I would switch phones or tablets, I sometimes get a message from DJI to re-validate my account. It sends a code to my cell phone which i need to enter, so they know it's me. It doesn't happen every time though. I'm not sure what that's about.

For simplicity's sake I would use his controller with his drone. I see no advantage in doing anything otherwise, in fact it might possibly avoid firmware 'conflicts'. The latter presumes your brother's controller and drone have matching firmware.

I have several phones, Android and iPhone, that I use with a Mavic Mini i.e. the FLY app, and there is no problem with that expect that the flight records are 'spread out' over those phones. I do not know if the mini 2 differs in this respect but I would be surprised if it did.

The app is able to separate drones one from another, I have flown 3 minis with one phone and each mini has its own set of records in the app
Thanks. In a test today I was able to fly his drone with his controller. The flight data logged into my DJIFly app as you described.

If your brother wants the flight logs for the flights that you make just copy them, via a cabled connection to a computer, to his phone but be sure to put them in the correct folder. From memory you have to use iTunes to copy them off the iPhone but nothing special is needed to move/copy them from the computer to an android phone.
The only hiccup might be if your brother's phone first met the drone when the drone had another name. If your iphone first met the drone when it had a new/current name I am uncertain what name your brother's phone will assign to the drone of the copied logs.
I would not use DJI's sync'ing, just copy them manually.

Reactions: PhuketAl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito