DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the Mini 3 or 4 pro camera as a gopro

WNYBill

Reactions
Can you record pictures with the Mini 3 pro or Mini 4 pro while not flying? Will the gimbal control work if it is not flying? Seems like I saw a demo of the camera moving while the drone was stationary on the ground.

Most of the DJI drones I used can record and move the gimbal while not flying. In fact I don't know of any that don't do that. The only bad thing is, you can't move the gimbal laterally, just up and down. But then, there are some drone's that have slight lateral gimbal movement.

The Mini(s) don't have an internal fan and rely on the spinning props for cooling. When handholding, if shooting for a while, it will at sometime give an overheat warning (I think..) then automatically shut down (I'm sure). To prevent shutdown, just use a small external battery operated fan. Frequently blowing on it may help to help cool and extend your shooting time.

I have done that with my P4P v1 and Mavic Pro v1. Always just walked around with it and never tried to move the gimbal up or down; just move the drone left or right and the camera moves with it.

It is basically a 2 axis gimbal using it handheld so you will need to be careful about side to side movement. It won't be as smooth as a properly used 3 axis gimbal however.

I have a Mavic Pro, have used it like a go pro, worked well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne