DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the new RC 2 controller with a larger tablet for additional screen viewing area

Yes, you can use the TRIPLTEK 8 and the TRIPLTEK 9 with the RC2. You need
The adapter that goes to your RC2 Amazon.com
An HDMI cable like this one Amazon.com
and the adapter that goes to the TRIPLTEK Amazon.com

We are also working on a mount to mount the TRIPLTEK on the RC 2, it will be available next month
Hi again. Is there an additional step that has to be performed or do I need to launch something to have the RC 2 display on the Tripltek 8? I've connected it using the cables and devices you suggested but I don't get any change in the display. It does seem that the Tripltek sees the controller as it is charging it I believe. Thanks for your additional advice.

Hi again. Is there an additional step that has to be performed or do I need to launch something to have the RC 2 display on the Tripltek 8? I've connected it using the cables and devices you suggested but I don't get any change in the display. It does seem that the Tripltek sees the controller as it is charging it I believe. Thanks for your additional advice.
You need to download this app on the TRIPLTEK 8 USB Camera - Apps on Google Play

Since this feature is not available on all tablets, I think Tripltek could benefit from a nice video tutorial on how to make this work.

Since this feature is not available on all tablets, I think Tripltek could benefit from a nice video tutorial on how to make this work.
Sure, here is a video showing the connection with the DJI Smartcontroller. On the description is the adapter and the APP

Reactions: Krrr and mavic3usa
Hi and thank you for the quick response. I just downloaded that app and it detects a connected USB device but when it opens it just opens with a row of colored bars and does not display the RC 2 screen.
If you get a colored display on the TRIPLTEK 8 , this means the T8 is working fine. So the issue should be the HDMI to usbc connector that attach to the DJI RC2 . In this picture you can see we used a USBc. hub because we did not have a USBc to HDMI adapter on handImage 2023-09-14 at 18.25.37.jpg

Well after finally getting this to work I'd say it's pretty great that you can do this with the Tripltek but I guess I notice a couple of things that are not so great:

1. The Ad box at the top of USB Camera is a real pain. It blocks critical info at the top of the display. Even though it's displayed ok on the RC 2 screen it's kind of annoying. I imagine you need to buy the paid version of the app to get no ads.
2. The inability to control the DJI Air 3 is a shame but I did know about that going into trying to set this up.

All in all it's very very nice having the Tipltek 8 work as a monitor with the RC 2, but I think I'm going to wait for the RC-N2 controller I ordered on eBay to arrive and bind that to the DJI Air 3 when I want to use the Tripltek 8. Having the option for both would seem to be the best option I believe.

Thanks for everyones comments and help especailly Tripltek. You folks are really great at supporting your product and you make a great product that makes flying really enjoyable.

Well after finally getting this to work I'd say it's pretty great that you can do this with the Tripltek but I guess I notice a couple of things that are not so great:

1. The Ad box at the top of USB Camera is a real pain. It blocks critical info at the top of the display. Even though it's displayed ok on the RC 2 screen it's kind of annoying. I imagine you need to buy the paid version of the app to get no ads.
2. The inability to control the DJI Air 3 is a shame but I did know about that going into trying to set this up.

All in all it's very very nice having the Tipltek 8 work as a monitor with the RC 2, but I think I'm going to wait for the RC-N2 controller I ordered on eBay to arrive and bind that to the DJI Air 3 when I want to use the Tripltek 8. Having the option for both would seem to be the best option I believe.

Thanks for everyones comments and help especailly Tripltek. You folks are really great at supporting your product and you make a great product that makes flying really enjoyable.
Tripltek 9. ;)

Tripltek 9. ;)
LOL. I love the Tripltek 8 and the 9 looks really great. It's kind of like what is easier and overall better: binding and unbinding controllers when you want to fly with the different controllers or purchasing the ad free version of USB Camera and then hooking up all the parts and cables. OR buying the Tripltek 9 to get the native HDMI support. Hmmmm... :-D

LOL. I love the Tripltek 8 and the 9 looks really great. It's kind of like what is easier and overall better: binding and unbinding controllers when you want to fly with the different controllers or purchasing the ad free version of USB Camera and then hooking up all the parts and cables. OR buying the Tripltek 9 to get the native HDMI support. Hmmmm... :-D
...and I'm thinking the app for the Tripltek 9 is free and ad-free.

Yes, you can use the TRIPLTEK 8 and the TRIPLTEK 9 with the RC2. You need
The adapter that goes to your RC2 Amazon.com
An HDMI cable like this one Amazon.com
and the adapter that goes to the TRIPLTEK Amazon.com

We are also working on a mount to mount the TRIPLTEK on the RC 2, it will be available next month
Please PM me when you have the tablet mount complete. 😉 I like the display on the RC2, but it's too small so I want to use my 10" tablet. Do you have any idea what the 2 screw holes on the RC2 are for? 🤔 Seems to be a good place to put a tablet mount... 🤔

Reactions: Bunny
hi wanbli :) the 2 screw holes in the front edge are for lanyard mounts. I imagine the ones in the bottom are also for lanyard or maybe for supporting a bracket by a 3rd party :) the documentation for the RC 2 does not indicate anything about them but maybe someone else here knows

Unfortunately at the moment you can't buy an Air 3 RC-N2 by itself. DJI only provides it with the full Air 3 package. I purchased the combo kit with the RC 2 so now I have to wait for them to release the RC-N2 as a standalone option or purchase it with the Mini 4 Pro when it's released and then bind that controller to the DJI Air 3. Still having the Tripltek as a monitor would be nice as well so I'm looking to try and use it that way until an RC-N2 becomes available. Thanks for the great update and I'll keep checking the Tripltek site for when you release the RC 2 mount.
I just bought one on eBay. The seller had 10. He may still have some. They were 169. they are brand new.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N