DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the new RC 2 controller with a larger tablet for additional screen viewing area

Bunny

Reactions
Hi everyone. Is there a current way of using the new Air 3 RC 2 controller with a Tripltek tablet? I currently have a Tripltek 8 that works great with the Air 2S but I'm looking to see if there is a way to connect the RC 2 to a tablet. I've seen something online showing a connection with a USB-C to HDMI connector (ruling out the Tripltek 8 as it only has USB-C input) but maybe a Tripltek 9 would work.

Does anyone know if the RC 2 supports video output from its USB-C connector to another monitor?

Also are there any adapters for holding the tablet onto the RC 2?

Thanks for any ideas or comments.

Reactions: RareAir
Yes, you can use the TRIPLTEK 8 and the TRIPLTEK 9 with the RC2. You need
The adapter that goes to your RC2 Amazon.com
An HDMI cable like this one Amazon.com
and the adapter that goes to the TRIPLTEK Amazon.com

We are also working on a mount to mount the TRIPLTEK on the RC 2, it will be available next month

Last edited:
Yes, you can use the TRIPLTEK 8 and the TRIPLTEK 9 with the RC2.
Thanks for this info.

For those of us who own the Tripltek9, do we need the last adapter you listed above:

TRIPLTEK HDMI 4K Input Adapter to USBc Devices​

DJI Support recently told Reddit that the RC2 has HDMI out:

Hi there, we are sorry that there is no HDMI output on the DJI RC/RC-N1/RC N2
DJI RC 2 does not support HDMI input but supports HDMI output. However, the output function has not been compatibility tested, so there may be issues like unstable transmission or lag during use. It is recommended to test it before live streaming to ensure stable transmission before using this feature. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for this info.

For those of us who own the Tripltek9, do we need the last adapter you listed above:

TRIPLTEK HDMI 4K Input Adapter to USBc Devices​

Yes, you need the adapter. The HDMI port built-in in the TRIPLTEK 9 is an output port, so it will send video to another device such as a Monitor, goggles, TV...
In this case, the RC2 is sending video through the USBc port to the Tripltek 9 , so it needs an input adapter to receive the video

We are also working on a mount to mount the TRIPLTEK on the RC 2, it will be available next month
Interesting! Will this work into an iPad with USB-C?

Thank you so much for the great info! So happy to hear I can use my existing Tripltek. I presume that the Tripltek will only work as a monitor for display purposes only? Any chance that you can actually also use it as a controller screen as you can with the Air 2S?

Thank you so much for the great info! So happy to hear I can use my existing Tripltek. I presume that the Tripltek will only work as a monitor for display purposes only? Any chance that you can actually also use it as a controller screen as you can with the Air 2S?
The Tripltek is an Android tablet which means you can install and run DJI Fly app on it and control your compatible drones.

You are right, it will only work as a monitor. To use the TRIPLTEK as a controller screen you need to use the RC-N2. I recommend having the RC-N2 controller if you want to enjoy a bright large display when flying. The other option, the DJI RC-PRO is not a good investment, because DJI does not make the effort to make its own products forward-compatible with its own drones.

Reactions: Krrr
You are right, it will only work as a monitor. To use the TRIPLTEK as a controller screen you need to use the RC-N2. I recommend having the RC-N2 controller if you want to enjoy a bright large display when flying. The other option, the DJI RC-PRO is not a good investment, because DJI does not make the effort to make its own products forward-compatible with its own drones.
Unfortunately at the moment you can't buy an Air 3 RC-N2 by itself. DJI only provides it with the full Air 3 package. I purchased the combo kit with the RC 2 so now I have to wait for them to release the RC-N2 as a standalone option or purchase it with the Mini 4 Pro when it's released and then bind that controller to the DJI Air 3. Still having the Tripltek as a monitor would be nice as well so I'm looking to try and use it that way until an RC-N2 becomes available. Thanks for the great update and I'll keep checking the Tripltek site for when you release the RC 2 mount.

The Tripltek is an Android tablet which means you can install and run DJI Fly app on it and control your compatible drones.
Hi mavic3usa. I already use my Tripltek 8 with the Air 2S as I have the compatible controller and mount to make that work but unfortunately as noted above by Tripltek when used with the RC 2 it will only function as a larger monitor/screen for better visibility but controlling things will have to be done on the RC 2.

If you get the RC-N2 controller, you can connect your tablet directly to it for a more convenient package.
I would love to but DJI won't sell the RC-N2 controller as an option yet :-( You have to purchase the full DJI Air 3 kit. Hopefully they'll start to do so or maybe they'll show up as refurbished items.

Unfortunately at the moment you can't buy an Air 3 RC-N2 by itself. DJI only provides it with the full Air 3 package. I purchased the combo kit with the RC 2 so now I have to wait for them to release the RC-N2 as a standalone option or purchase it with the Mini 4 Pro when it's released and then bind that controller to the DJI Air 3. Still having the Tripltek as a monitor would be nice as well so I'm looking to try and use it that way until an RC-N2 becomes available. Thanks for the great update and I'll keep checking the Tripltek site for when you release the RC 2 mount.
You can buy RC-N2 on ebay.

Reactions: Krrr
Hi mavic3usa. Thank you for the heads up. I actually did find a listing for them there. It's marked as used but in good condition but I expect it would do the job perfectly.
New listings continue to become available every day, as first time drone buyers immediately crash their Air 3, without DJI Care, and then sell off the leftover RC-N2. LOL!

I've been chatting with someone on the DJI Forum and he has been in communication with DJI directly. They just told him that they hope to have the RC-N2 available for purchase in about a month or so. No word on price or anything but good to hear about that.

What?????
First time drone pilots continue to crash or drown their new drones, leaving behind the remaining remote control, which they then sell on eBay to recover some of their investment, as they decide drone flying isn't for them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne