DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using the RC Pro for Air2S and Mavic 3?

ClearPropMedia

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am in the market for the RC Pro to use with my Mavic 3 and noticed the great deal on the Fly More Combo for the Air 2S right now which has the new RC Pro included. The difference between the controller cost and this combo cost is only about $600.00 and I get a bunch of extras and an Air 2S as a backup drone.

My question is, can the RC Pro be used on both the Mavic 3 and the Air 2S? And if so, how? Do you need to bind the controller to both drones? Or connect it each time depending on the drone you use? I assume I’d need to unbind my current controller?

Curious how this works for DJI Fly Away coverage.

Thanks!

The combo you were most likely looking at is for the Air 2S + Smart controller. This controller is NOT the RC Pro controller. The RC Pro controller does not work with the Air 2S. :-(
This isn't actually true..... The RC PRO / Air 2s combo is being sold by B&H Photo and a few other retailers. The RC PRO that comes with the Air 2s combo is currently locked to just the Air 2s though many folks have surmised that it will eventually be able to be used with the Mavic 3 through an update.

Reactions: whatevva
This isn't actually true..... The RC PRO / Air 2s combo is being sold by B&H Photo and a few other retailers. The RC PRO that comes with the Air 2s combo is currently locked to just the Air 2s though many folks have surmised that it will eventually be able to be used with the Mavic 3 through an update.
This is true, I bought my RC pro for my air S2. I found it on eBay from a guy that bought a bunch of combo packages and he parts every thing out. My controller cost me $100 less than the listed price. The only thing I didn’t get was the retail box. I love this controller…

Hello everyone,

I am in the market for the RC Pro to use with my Mavic 3 and noticed the great deal on the Fly More Combo for the Air 2S right now which has the new RC Pro included. The difference between the controller cost and this combo cost is only about $600.00 and I get a bunch of extras and an Air 2S as a backup drone.

My question is, can the RC Pro be used on both the Mavic 3 and the Air 2S? And if so, how? Do you need to bind the controller to both drones? Or connect it each time depending on the drone you use? I assume I’d need to unbind my current controller?

Curious how this works for DJI Fly Away coverage.

Thanks!
I stand corrected B&H has the combo on sale for $1749, quite a good deal but the price is the same at the DJI store. Also saw this note about the controller. Wonder if you have to update the firmware each time you switch from M2 to M3 drones or if both firmwares are loaded at the same time.
  • When used with different aircraft hardware configurations, DJI RC-N1 Remote Controllers will automatically select the corresponding firmware version for updating and support the following transmission technologies enabled by the hardware performance of the linked aircraft models:
    a. DJI Mini 2/ DJI Mavic Air 2: O2
    b. DJI Air 2S: O3
    c. DJI Mavic 3: O3+

Last edited:
DJI has stated that they are working on a new firmware for the RC Pro that will work with both the Air 2S and Mavic 3 (and possible other drones as well). It's not out yet, and they won't say when it'll be released, just "soon".

$1800 for the kit with the RC Pro seems like a fair deal. Makes it cost the same as the RM500 SC.

The combo you were most likely looking at is for the Air 2S + Smart controller. This controller is NOT the RC Pro controller. The RC Pro controller does not work with the Air 2S. :-(
You emphatically state NOT. That is not true. It very much is the exact same hardware!
And yes, for the time being DJI will not allow firmware changes to support the M3. Some hackers found a way to switch firmwares.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. So I guess I’ll just go with the regular RC Pro than the Air 2S then. May just buy the Mini 3 as a backup drone when ever that is released! I expect it’ll be a cool little device.

Curious, for those of you that have the RC Pro, how good is it in direct sunlight? And if you have a controller bound to your drone already, how do you connect the new RC Pro? I assume it needs to replace the stock controller by unbinding and binding the Rc Pro?

RC Pro has the same screen - think they only updated the processor and antenna configuration. Other minor things like the screw holes at the bottom to mount lanyards is slightly different too which is annoying if you want to use anything for the original Smart Controller.

It should - you’re given the option connect to both in the connect screen on the RC Pro. Don’t know any details past that, I only have the air 2s here to test it with.

Do we know if the RC Pro needs to be bound to both drones for the fly away coverage? More importantly, can it be bound to more than one drone? I know we can connect now to M3 and Air 2S. But what about the binding element under the Value Added Service tab in the fly app?

Just want to make sure my fly away coverage works!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato