DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

V2 stealth MAS props drift

Reactions
I thought I loved these, but the drift is bad. I took off and was hovering while I checked some parameters and suddenly felt wind...it was my Air moving all by itself, backwards. I have the recommended gain settings by MAS, but this autonomous movement is not cool.
Anyone else experience this and have a solution?

I have the Stealth props on and have been experiencing drift lately. Not sure if it’s the props. Will revert back to fob and see if the drifting continues and will report back.

Reactions: Topo
Assuming the props are physically intact and undamaged, I cannot imagine they would cause a drift problem. Seems to me it would be more likely an extreme wind, GPS, sensor, motor, or software issue.

Reactions: crosswired
Assuming the props are physically intact and undamaged, I cannot imagine they would cause a drift problem. Seems to me it would be more likely an extreme wind, GPS, sensor, motor, or software issue.

They’re new undamaged. There was no wind. I was about 15’ up and looked down at settings. With no stick movement it was drifting backwards. Although less apparent, it appeared to be doing the same at altitude. I’ll have to test the problem by putting on the stock set. I have read comments by a guy who posts videos of his flights and experienced similar.

Bought 2nd generation. Flew with them for over 2 months. Thought I liked them because they were quieter (read on). Started to get drift and like you, pano mode faultered as the drift was so bad. Put the OEM’s back on 3 days ago and Drift Begone. Re noise, think most of what I thought was quieter was a figment. Better a drone than flies true. The Stealth props are definitely more flimsy. Maybe they warped. If I experience drift with the OEM’s, I’ll share.

Reactions: Topo
Uh oh... put the oem’s on and could barely bring it down. It would not stay still. It was quite dark and there was a warning about ambient light available. Maybe that was the cause for the drift.

Uh oh... put the oem’s on and could barely bring it down. It would not stay still. It was quite dark and there was a warning about ambient light available. Maybe that was the cause for the drift.

Did you restore the gain settings?

Shouldn’t be... After 30-40 ft altitude it’s GPS.

In may case no drifting, but motor current error show up when go with full speed forward 30km/h gps mode and descending full down 3 m/s in same time full stick forward and down . all settings for gain set correct according to user manual of master airscrewScreenshot_2019-10-05-22-02-09-454_com.android.chrome.jpeg

In may case no drifting, but motor current error show up when go with full speed forward 30km/h gps mode and descending full down 3 m/s in same time full stick forward and down . all settings for gain set correct according to user manual of master airscrew
Sorry, what's that app you're using?

I've continued testing this issue and think there's something wonky going on with my MA. I experienced some drift with the OEM props, but also experienced it rotating (yawing) on it's own. I'll have to look at reinstalling it's firmware (if that is possible).

I solved the backwards drift by changing the pitch gain to 80. Mavic air stays completely locked in now. Hope this helps others

The airscrew directions say pitch 85, roll 100, yaw 95 and vertical 100.
Did you have the other settings as these recommend?

Yes, with their settings the mavic air would drift back wards. This means a pitch axis number is wrong so I decreased 85 to 80 on the pitch gain and it works perfect now.

In my case change only vertical gain from 100 to 95
And now no showing error message motor current error

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB