DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Verifly

barrybcar

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Does anyone have any experience with this company?

I don’t have 107 yet but will need insurance for my volunteer work a couple times a year.

I don’t have 107 yet but will need insurance for my volunteer work a couple times a year.
I use Verifly when a client requires a physical policy. It is very cheap, usually around $10 an hour, you can have 2 additional crew members on the policy as well.

Thx. I have a call in to see if I would be covered.

I would be’patrolling’ a parking lot once or twice a year at a church event At an event center. Empty cars. I will be flying VLOS and my M2 would by connected to a second controller for video monitoring.

Try the AMA... $70/yr gets you $2.5 million liability, $10k medical, and $1k on the drone.
I don't think AMA insurance covers any commercial work. I've used Verifly a few times and it works great, although I've never known anyone that made a claim so I can't speak to that.

Reactions: Flycaster
Try the AMA... $70/yr gets you $2.5 million liability, $10k medical, and $1k on the drone.
This only kicks in after your homeowners insurance. I agree its worth the club dues of $70 for additional insurance and peace of mind. Doesnt apply to anything other than hobbyist though.

I use Verifly frequently. It's nice to be able to show my client I'm covered for their project in real time. Luckily, I've not had to file a claim and hope I never have to so I can't comment on how they address claims.

Verifly here, we do not require that you carry a 107 unless you are trying to fly in a controlled airspace. Our coverage sounds like it would be a great fit for you as you can purchase coverage only when you need it those couple of times a year. Please let us know if you have any questions at [email protected]!

Also, be aware that volunteer work still requires a 107 certification. It's not quite clear from your post whether or not you plan on obtaining your 107 beforehand.

Verifly here, we do not require that you carry a 107 unless you are trying to fly in a controlled airspace. Our coverage sounds like it would be a great fit for you as you can purchase coverage only when you need it those couple of times a year. Please let us know if you have any questions at [email protected]!
SkyWatch does not cover New York State residents. Does Verifly?

SkyWatch does not cover New York State residents. Does Verifly?

@Verifly Support

They claim drone liability is available in all 50 states but commercial liability is not. They don't really state what the difference is. Does drone liability cover commercial operations with the drone?

Skywatch still doesn't cover NY residents. Sad because their rates are much better.

This is getting frustrating for me, and yet ANOTHER reason to move out of NY.

Other drone insurance carriers are ridiculously priced (nearly triple what I pay for car insurance, and cars are 10x as dangerous than drones).

As long as drone insurance still isn't required in NY to operate commercially, I think I will continue to operate without it and cross my fingers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crackhour