DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Version check Inconsistent firmware found

Baxytaxi

Reactions
Newbee here. When I start the go4app for mavic air, I get a version check message at the top of the screen. Then a that states:
Inconsistent firmware found
Firmware incompatibility between some modules and current device detected. Are you sure you want to update firmware.
Slide to update or cancel.
Anyone know what this message means? And should I slide to update? What are the consequences if I do or don't update? Thank you for any help.

What this means is that the firmware that is on the Mavic Air will not use all of the features that are available within the DJIGO 4 application so the firmware needs to be updated to include all of the patches and bug fixes as well as to allow all of the features of the current version of DJIGO4 to be available.

Some say its a great idea to update and others are of the school of thought that if the bird flys well currently then no need to update.

That message normally means the current battery is running old firmware. You should always choose to update when you see that message.

I've been getting this lately. I thought it might be because I switch between different models (i.e. pro 2, platinum pro, original mavic sometimes and the pro 2 zoom.) Interesting that it might be battery firmware update. Imo it's something that needs patched out. Just a discrepancy that the dji go 4 app gets hung up on when switching between models.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000